Sc14 to buick and e85

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
TdracerTd
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Running a 300 x 600 a2a intercooler, on a hot day they slowly creep up to and plateau at around 78 Degrees C. Once you get on it, they quickly drop down to between 45-55 depending on ambient. they are happy to hold there under power.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

E85 will help a lot with that but you wont be able to see the inlet temp drop due to the injector being after the IAT sensor .... but if you are able to go WOT and see nothing over 60 degrees I'd say your laughing if the IAT is still in the stock V6 manifold location!

your seeing much lower IAT's than I see over the 1/4 mile with 20psi boost :P but then I am also in the same boat, methanol cools nicely but I can't measure it!
TdracerTd
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

Yeah, it think it's good for a smaller pulley. :D
TdracerTd
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

Had the car out for a run on the weekend, it went except for a small issue with the foam in the fuel cell disintegrating and blocking my fuel filter on my very last run. I have a 72 mm pulley on the SC14 and I'm seeing 170 KPA on the MAP at less than 40% throttle. The car breaks traction easily in fourth gear. Intake temps once you get moving got to around 45C and ambient was around 30C, so I'm pretty happy that the intercooler is working well. Lined up and idling, IAT never went above 70C.

I do have a question though. In my logs, I still see it go into Closed loop idle. All the closed loop stuff is turned off as far as I can see. Is there a tricky setting hiding somewhere that I have missed. Because the car spends a lot of time lined up idling, I would like to be able to control the afr's a little more accurately at idle and not have the computer take over.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

closed loop idle does not mean AFRs, pretty sure its closed loop spark control to maintain a stable idle?

anyone else correct me if I got that wrong.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The flag is for closed loop idle speed control, set while controlling the IAC to get RPMs matching (or within the dead band of) the desired idle RPM.

The spark control is called idle spark control, it is used for idle stability and works together with closed loop idle speed control (it can react faster for small RPM variations).
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

TdracerTd wrote:Had the car out for a run on the weekend, it went except for a small issue with the foam in the fuel cell disintegrating and blocking my fuel filter on my very last run. I have a 72 mm pulley on the SC14 and I'm seeing 170 KPA on the MAP at less than 40% throttle. The car breaks traction easily in fourth gear. Intake temps once you get moving got to around 45C and ambient was around 30C, so I'm pretty happy that the intercooler is working well. Lined up and idling, IAT never went above 70C.

I do have a question though. In my logs, I still see it go into Closed loop idle. All the closed loop stuff is turned off as far as I can see. Is there a tricky setting hiding somewhere that I have missed. Because the car spends a lot of time lined up idling, I would like to be able to control the afr's a little more accurately at idle and not have the computer take over.
from all reports I've heard of foam in fuel cells they always do that, most people remove it! I've never had it in mine, didn't see a need for a straight line car!

is 170kpa the highest boost you see or does it go higher ?
TdracerTd
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

closed loop idle does not mean AFRs, pretty sure its closed loop spark control to maintain a stable idle?

anyone else correct me if I got that wrong.
The flag is for closed loop idle speed control, set while controlling the IAC to get RPMs matching (or within the dead band of) the desired idle RPM.

The spark control is called idle spark control, it is used for idle stability and works together with closed loop idle speed control (it can react faster for small RPM variations).
Thanks Guys. Mystery solved. I couldn't work it out. Maybe my AFR's are a little iffy at idle due to the filter being blocked and messing with fuel pressure.
from all reports I've heard of foam in fuel cells they always do that, most people remove it! I've never had it in mine, didn't see a need for a straight line car!

is 170kpa the highest boost you see or does it go higher ?
Yep, the foam will be getting removed now. I was told about it, and I thought, she'll be right, anyway, what's the worst that can happen. But I didn't think about where I would be and what I would be doing at the time. Oh well, you live and learn.

It will go higher than 170kpa, but this driver not brave enough to fully open the taps at that track :wtf: Going for round two on the dyno this Saturday, so I'll be able to report back on peak boost. Theoretical boost is just under one bar for a 72mm pulley.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah im interested to see the max boost the sc14 makes and how much it drops off at higher revs, interested as I have a mate with one on a v6 in a Gemini :)
TdracerTd
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

Holden202T wrote:yeah im interested to see the max boost the sc14 makes and how much it drops off at higher revs, interested as I have a mate with one on a v6 in a Gemini :)
I'll let you know. I'll also post dyno graphs. If you don't hear from me Friday night, then something else has gone wrong. :wall: