Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Yortt

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Yortt »

Downloaded the latest software and loaded on my computer, got my key, entered my name and key and received the following message.

Unknown startup processing Error
Please contact support for help.

Can any one help thanks.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

So when you entered the key, Did it say it worked? Or did you get that error immediately?

Also after you see this error, does the register form open up again? If it doesnt, then you must have an older version side all errors should revert to the register form.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

Tazzi wrote:So when you entered the key, Did it say it worked? Or did you get that error immediately?

Also after you see this error, does the register form open up again? If it doesnt, then you must have an older version side all errors should revert to the register form.
Thanks for the response following are the steps
1 Click on desktop icon
2 Startup initialisation failed please contact support for help
3 press ok
4 Goes to licensing manager..put in name and license key "apply key"
5 Unknown startup processing error please contact support

I am assuming a ELM 327 does not have to be plugged in at this stage.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Yortt wrote:
Tazzi wrote:So when you entered the key, Did it say it worked? Or did you get that error immediately?

Thanks for the response following are the steps
1 Click on desktop icon
2 Startup initialisation failed please contact support for help
3 press ok
4 Goes to licensing manager..put in name and license key "apply key"
5 Unknown startup processing error please contact support

I am assuming a ELM 327 does not have to be plugged in at this stage.
No it doesnt need to be plugged in during this stage.
Ill have to do a few tests to see whats actually going on and see if I cant replicate the error. But, if you are getting an error while trying to apply the key.. then something is going wrong during the registration stage! Ill send you a PM with a new key and see if we cant narrow down this error further.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Tested latest version v0.0.0.6 without any hassles on both laptops here (even on the hotels stupidly capped internet) without any hassles! Yortt, let me know if you are still getting errors, will need to apply even more error reporting to narrow down the issue.

Ill have to double check when I get some more quiet time, but the unknown startup processing error generally occurs with invalid server response I think.. Ill have to run back through the registration to see if thats the cause.

Also on another note, even though I know all the antivirus softwares are going to have a fit, Ill be removing my "attempts" to beat the AV false detections since they have caused more problems then help! Only downside here is the AV sees my startup processes as a virus due to the way Iv designed it hence the "false postives", its nothing malicious, its just... tricky.. in what it does making it hard for AV to see what its exactly doing thus making them immediately flag it as bad. *Sigh* So v0.0.07 will be detected as bad on the next update. Everyone will just need to click that little ignore button :)
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Iv had a alot of emails recently about a error occurring "windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

This is due to the antivirus deleting SOE! Meaning the desktop icon might be there, but antivirus such as Norton, AVG, Avasti ect detect it as a virus and delete it. There is in no way any malicious coding, monitoring going on. The internet is not used in any way after registration! :thumbup:

Older versions may not be detected as I had other protection on the software, but I am slowly removing them to maximise compatibility, speed and overall quality since these protections broke more stuff then they helped!

Version 0.0.0.7 will again have "less" AV protection thus might be identified as a virus by other companies. I will have to contact (again) the main companies and go through whatever requirements to clear the name.

If your unsure how to "ignore" or prevent antivirus from deleting SOE, feel free to contact me! Or a quick google should give a simple step by step tutorial!
Paul_S
cars: Nissan 370Z
Nissan JUKE

Post by Paul_S »

This software looks great - just what I have been looking for!

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this :thumbup:
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

No worries! :thumbup:
It really does need a tonne more work put into it as I dont have any of the cars to do live tests on which really does limit my abilities there. But, it is a start. :)

Sorry to all that have tried contacting me, Iv been away!
For everyone thats asked for a license, I will get back to you with one! Give me a couple days to get ontop of everything!

So to answer a few common questions..
1) Yes Iv got new version/s on the way.
2) No I have not fixed the antivirus detections.. that takes time with the major companies.
3) It is only suitable for commodores at this time!
4) The licenses for the current version/s are FREE. Do not listen to anyone else!
5) All development is based on ECUs on BENCH... so there may be some errors or issues since I do not get to play with live/real engine readings for a proper car.. this includes the freeze frame data which fails on startup on some cars!
6) Turn OFF "get car info on startup" checkbox if you have issues connecting!

7) If you have more then one laptop, just ask for another license, that is fine!
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

have you found a way to do a bcm to pim relearn/reset? I think I have an issue with my drag car throwing up codes on the dash because the security doesn't match. bcm is a low level vy, pim is from a vt/vx. As I don't run vat's on the ecu I can start the car anyway. but I get shit on the dash that should be disabled already.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Tre-Cool wrote:have you found a way to do a bcm to pim relearn/reset? I think I have an issue with my drag car throwing up codes on the dash because the security doesn't match. bcm is a low level vy, pim is from a vt/vx. As I don't run vat's on the ecu I can start the car anyway. but I get shit on the dash that should be disabled already.
Im still yet to connect up the bcm, ecu and pim and see if I cant do the relearn/reset. :thumbdown:

Should have time in the coming days to give it a go. Just getting through the Jet lag at the moment!
But Id say it would be the security causing some drama there.