Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Tazzi »

Yeah the "CAN ERROR" and other errors is due to GM having a slightly different format to the elms "standard" value. Just turning off the error check and also the auto formatting and it should fix up those can errors.
Not sure why it crashes while clicking disable chatter... Ill try minicing what you guys have received and see if I cant replicate the issue. Might need to give a slight pause to end the chatter or something incase its getting hung up.
VX L67 Getrag wrote:Here's a log of me pressing clear fault codes a few time in HPT while scanning, but with all the rest of the chatter it's going to be hard to decipher whats what!

Also not sure how to send a command to ask for specific items in HPT as it should just show up in the log, but as it's a PCM on a bench it doesn't show much!
Wasnt any 7E0's in that log, but also, it could be because it may have missed info due to the buffer full issue. only stops for a ~300ms but alot of info can be sent in that time. We will definately need to set a filter so we only see the relevant stuff and stop missing stuff! Also, Im assuming it would address the pcm as "7E0" as Jayme said.
We are also assuming that HPT isnt trying to communicate over 29bit (high or low baud)? Could be using the "Quiet" protocol to communicate?

Ill try get the filter sorted for the 11bit this arvo, that way we will only see the headers we want.
Holden202T wrote:what program are you using for logging HPT info ?
Hes using the free serialport monitor I posted up a while back to log what my program is receiving while doing a "Monitor all" while hes running HPtuners using a Y-Cable (Right VX? lol)
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

And VX, if you could post up what ever is received in the textbox in my app as well if you log anything else, makes it a hell of a lot easier to sort through! :thumbup: But the serial monitor view is good to make sure nothing was missed too/whatever is causing the issues!. So far it hasnt, but those "Can error" and "error" messages are using alot of the elms buffer up so if I can clear those up.. should get a smoother read in with less buffer full messages.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

how about doing the same thing with the avt? actually youd have to set the avt into can mode before listening to chatter..... I might whip up a CAN listen to chatter app for the avt. that way it can be nice clean reads with no buffer full errors.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Taz, bit hard to post up what's in your tools text box, it crashes & looses all the info, trust me I'd love to if I could because it's a tidie layout!

No you wouldn't have seen the info for listening into HPT read of e55 as I wasn't sure it would be ok to post up!

Jayme yeah an app would be awesome as I tried connecting to this tool with tactrix or AVT & wouldn't connect!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah with avt you need to initialise and set protocol before itll start spewing data at you
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Taz, bit hard to post up what's in your tools text box, it crashes & looses all the info, trust me I'd love to if I could because it's a tidie layout!

No you wouldn't have seen the info for listening into HPT read of e55 as I wasn't sure it would be ok to post up!

Jayme yeah an app would be awesome as I tried connecting to this tool with tactrix or AVT & wouldn't connect!
Ahh... :hmm: I wish it wouldnt do that.., *Sigh*. Must be due to how Im exiting the monitoring session.

Might be something to ask Antus first then.

A nice clean read using the avt would be good!
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Have updated again, turns off the auto formatting and also think Iv rectified the crashing for good this time so the disable button should work now.

No filter yet, want to see if the auto formatting is causing the stupid can errors first.
Last edited by Tazzi on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

With this update does it have the PP mod to be able to log at 115200, maybe it may help with buffer filling so quick too?
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:With this update does it have the PP mod to be able to log at 115200, maybe it may help with buffer filling so quick too?
Nah,Ill do that now.

*Edit
Alright, I think I got it programmed in.. is a little more tricky then I thought, since I need to detect what baud the elm is initially on.
So first off, start your connection on the 38400 Baud as always, and it will request the 115200 baud from the elm, check that its ok, and only proceed once the elm responds back to this request successfully.
Hopefully this works first go off the bat!

To set the elm baud to 115200, ATBRDXX is used. Where XX = 4000/115.2 = 34.7 = 35 thus in hex is 23.
So since the value isnt "exact", we could use 34 or 35.. Iv set it to 35 (hex 23) this time since I think that will work.. otherwise setting to 34 may be the go.
Last edited by Tazzi on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Sounds like a plan, will see how it goes tomorrow!