Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Tazzi »

Wow.. theres alot of information set over the comms!
The above Headers are 11bit headers for 500Kbaud

Theres a different set used for 11bit 250kbaud. I can also see that the buffer didnt fill up as quick when using CAN Low compared to when CAN High was used.

Theres a whole heap of other info being shot over CAN Low, Some of the messages look quite similar to CAN High, so maybe they broadcast same info over both networks?
Only modules I can think of in a VZ on OBD2 would be PCM,ABS,TC,PIM(Maybe Both ALDL and OBD2) annnnd.. I think thats about it?

Might also be a "generic" broadcast from the pcm to let the car know "Im here!", almost like a heartbeat.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Seeing there's been a few downloads of program ver 17 but no one else testing thought I'd better again.

Here's logs of both programs funny though when I copied all info from logger program it warned me of a net framework error & wouldn't allow me to save as text after that but did allow me to save as rtf & then copied from that to text!

But yeah all these log's are just PCM on bench & nothing else connected, I do have a BCM, PIM & Key that are for this PCM too but not sure how to wire it all up!
Attachments
Ver 0.17 Logs.rar
(29.39 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Also interesting to note it doesn't detect any chatter on 29 Hi but it does on 29 Lo, but both these crash program when disable monitor all button!
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

[09:08:14:745] Setting CAN Error Format...
[09:08:14:761] ELM Device Sent back '?'

Sent: ATPP2A00.
Received: ?>

Sooo, going throught the "setup" part of the log, the ELM didnt like me sending the above for some reason, gives me a questing mark! I think Theres meant to be a SV somewhere there (Set Value).

Man, going through the logs, it gets about 11frames before a buffer full occurs. But its reset procedure is pretty pick.. takes about 200ms. So some info is missed but it works!

Also VX, I have no clue why its crashing on 29bit! lol, I saw that it popped up a "Unknown error has occured".. So not sure what that is. The application must be getting something set to it on the CAN protocol that it doesnt like.. and freaks it out.

Other then that, Still havent removed the "can error" or "<error" messages. Fairly certain thats because the error format isnt set to off and also the "Auto format" needs to be turned off.

Will update later today.!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I gave it a go on my real VZ alloytec and got the same connect error as VX did.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I logged some data going on with HPT unlocking & reading alloytec, looks like it missed some of what may be stop chatter command 38 36 41 41 then it had a lot of 7E0 & 7E8 messages!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

7e0 and 7e8 are the ID's of the PCM... I would be interested if you could get a serial port monitor log of hpt reading DTC's and maybe rpms and things, and ill start implementing an AVT CAN adx....
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Here's a log of me pressing clear fault codes a few time in HPT while scanning, but with all the rest of the chatter it's going to be hard to decipher whats what!

Also not sure how to send a command to ask for specific items in HPT as it should just show up in the log, but as it's a PCM on a bench it doesn't show much!
Attachments
Clear Faults.txt
(120.23 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

what program are you using for logging HPT info ?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Free serial port monitor