Open source GM OBD2 flash tool using a ELM327 device

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Open source GM OBD2 flash tool using a ELM327 device

Post by antus »

Its a PSOP-44 socket, and you'll need good SMD soldering skills. You should be able to find what you need with google. If your not confident of your ability, I recommend finding an electronics store that can do SMD rework and hiring them to do it for you.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
uknomeprk
cars: 95 Astro 5.3 LM7

Post by uknomeprk »

antus wrote:Its a PSOP-44 socket, and you'll need good SMD soldering skills. You should be able to find what you need with google. If your not confident of your ability, I recommend finding an electronics store that can do SMD rework and hiring them to do it for you.
Haven't picked up the PSOP-44 yet the prices vary widely; is there a brand you trust Antus? Also i checked into SMD places so i've got that covered.

GMOS is making "snails pace" progress but I contacted a pal of mine to help, so things should pickup. I promised screenshots and progress if things went well with GMOS but obviously they didn't. I was using Macros up to a point to hammer on Hterm to get results, VB is a different animal. I see some hurdles that have to be explored later and now too to FLASH the PCM; from a coding standpoint notably the IFR (in frame response) vs the ELM327 . Every time I read into the ELM327 PDF it seems like they made it with all the capabilities to READ and FLASH a GM PCM (and other pcm ecus) it just needs DIY'ers to make the software.

One more thing to Festy,
I've been having a heck of time trying to Incorporate the DLL (no disrespect) I'm using VB 2010 express. Saying this may be premature as my pal will be back from a vacation soon to help and hes pretty savvy with coding.

reguardless this is the error..

"keytool.dll could not be added. make sure the file is accessible, and it is a valid assembly or COM component."

Thanks to all
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

In VB6 it's just Project->References->Browse (select keytool.dll) then you get a new entry in the References list called "seed to key tool".
Not sure if VB 2010 express does things the same or not, I've never used it sorry.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

No, im no expert. The socket I have doesnt look as good as the one on the gq-4x adaptor (linked to here) but I havnt found anyone who sells this style individually:

http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/c ... oduct=3149
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
uknomeprk
cars: 95 Astro 5.3 LM7

Post by uknomeprk »

Here's how to get temporary control of a GM PCM though OBD2 ELM327 using PHAXs $AE findings https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... ?f=4&t=416

Make a macro using the following code then enter the macro data into your Serial terminal e.g. Hyperterminal, Putty, or Termite with 100ms delays between the commands.
AT SH 6C FE F1
28 00
3F
27 01
27 02 YOUR KEY
3F

Then type as an example to turn off the MIL Light (its only temporary)
AE 01 80 00 00 00 00 00

I'll explore other ways to do this later but so far this worked for me. Enjoy
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

I was using this header ,But not mode 28 on the bench and that worked as well.
ATSH6C10F0
2701 returns seed
2702 your key

Then a confirmation of 02 34 is received.My understanding is that mode 28 is disable chatter,so that explains why not needed on bench.
I was trying to find a way to set the vats relearn flag.Does someone have a port mon read file of this precedure for me to look at..
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

Yeah,thats the sockets that ive got.Low profile.
I havent bricked my pcm yet,but ive got the sockets and flash chips ready for when i do. :comp: :D
Still not sure how to get them off and on but,hot air or a fine tip iron.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

heat gun and tinfoil plus wet rags LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

How do you put the socket on, with the hot air also?