XJS V12 twin turbo

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
5.3XJS-TT
cars: xp coupe..sold HQ pv sold VG vip318 stolen HK brougham307 stolen LX hatchback sold and too many others.
current 04 toyota prado turbo. MX5 1.6 11subaru liberty 3liter and my toy
Jaguar XJS V12

XJS V12 twin turbo

Post by 5.3XJS-TT »

Hello folks after lurking for a few months i finally joined.
Only to throw a real doozy at you all. i have a 1986 XJS v12 5.3 liter it is currently efi early bosch tpe with a dizzy that is renowned for issues.
My plan is to throw all the current efi in the bin (so to speak) and graft in twin VS V6 ecotec PCM's with custom manifolds to suit.
Was planning on grafting COP (running out of space for multi coil packs). Also i like the tidyness of COP.
Turbos are http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/T4-T66-Super ... 51a70b9976
already purchased and waiting. Pulling out the 5.3 pistons and putting in 6L pistons this will drop the comp ratio to about 6.5:1.
Staying with the t400 thats in it altho it will need rebuilt as i am hoping that the output will be more than a 4 spd auto can take.
have briefly spoken to VL400 and he recomends i throw it to you guys (an gals) he is thinking that https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... =11&t=2913
he has developed would be the way to go or ! quote (Other ways would be to adapt the commodore V6 ignition system and change the coil drivers to COP drivers.) end quote.
Looks like its time for me to go out and buy two VS v6's for bits.
thanking you all in anticipation on your thoughts.
Shaun
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Re: XJS V12 twin turbo

Post by festy »

Sounds like fun ;)
1986 - would that make your ECU a Bosch Jetronic fuel-only unit?
I know some v12 bmws came fitted with a pair of ECUs (one per bank) so that approach must work well enough...
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Its really running COPs that makes the conversion more difficult. If you went down the path of using coil packs it could be all off the shelf using a pair of GM DIS modules (6cyl D1928A https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=128), and using two crank sensors. Would also need a cam sensor for the seq injection of the VS V6 PCM.

Here is a Jag V12 running Kalmaker .. http://www.kalmaker.com.au/page2.html
Agroeureka
cars: 1935 Buick
Wm Caprice
Purvis Eureka

Post by Agroeureka »

Hi

I was thinking of using a delco to run a jaguar v12 in a hot rod
Can the 808 drive 12 injectors on its own?
Would it require a larger heat sink or another injector driver?
I was going to look at using the Vn v8 system triggered from the distributor.
Don't know if any of this could work but any information would be helpful.

Andrew
5.3XJS-TT
cars: xp coupe..sold HQ pv sold VG vip318 stolen HK brougham307 stolen LX hatchback sold and too many others.
Jaguar XJS V12

Post by 5.3XJS-TT »

my view is bin the jag dizzy unless you plan to gut it right out.
use a crank angle sensor.
as far as i know the VN v8 fire all injectors together. prob better go VP and use batch fire and just add more injectors
i think the v8 VP fires bank by bank. probley better for you. VN easyer tho just get a driver board and drive all 12 at once.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

The VR auto PCM was the first to use banked injection, was only on the V6 though. The V8 PCM was the same hardware so did support it, Holden just didnt install the cam sensor to make use of it.
5.3XJS-TT
Jaguar XJS V12

Post by 5.3XJS-TT »

update
twin turbo has changed to quad turbo. have mounted the two primarys and in the process of mounting the two secondry turbos.
have just brought my first VS ecotec as a parts car ..runs ok so i know all the elec's are ok.
will need to contact VL400 soon re parts ect required.
have found http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/11950 ... e_USB.html
waiting on price...if cheap any one else intrested as a bulk purchase deal...?.
will be useing crank trigger wheel... which would be the best config for VS ecotec 6+1 or 32 slot.
decided to stay with the VS coilpack but going to mount them under the custom intake manifold
(out of sight)
by the way i will have bits left over from the donor car VS wagon mostly body stuff motor ok gbox U/S
VL400

Post by VL400 »

5.3XJS-TT wrote:update
twin turbo has changed to quad turbo. have mounted the two primarys and in the process of mounting the two secondry turbos.
:shock: Thats a little different! Will need to get some pics up!!
5.3XJS-TT wrote:will need to contact VL400 soon re parts ect required.
Will need to contact antus now :thumbup:
5.3XJS-TT wrote:will be useing crank trigger wheel... which would be the best config for VS ecotec 6+1 or 32 slot.
decided to stay with the VS coilpack but going to mount them under the custom intake manifold
(out of sight)
Running the V6 commodore coil pack you have no choice but to run the 18x 3x crank trigger.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Be very careful of that company AB in China. I was signed up for some time for free till they asked for big money to continue. I said no and within 24 hours my email was used to spend thousands of spam all over the world. Took me days to clean up.I researched them and found out that's just what they do. Be very wary of Shirley.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Oh no, not cloned gq-4x coming out of china too now. I hope they are more than just a gq-4x box wrapped around whatever internals. So we have cloned nvrams, cloned ftdis and cloned gq-4x causing problems for everyone. I can get genuine ftdi and genuine nvrams from proper distributors, but its become a real minefield of trouble out there. If you or anyone else buys suspiciously cheap gq-4x and have trouble programming the genuine nvrams from me, then Im afraid I wont be able to help. I recommend buying direct from mcumall.com. At least you know what you are getting and it will work. $1 to $2 gq-4x cant be real.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396