Camira delco suit ford cfi?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Nemesis
cars: td gemini

Re: Camira delco suit ford cfi?

Post by Nemesis »

so apparently the injectors in the ford unit are a side feed type, might be possible to swap them out with some injectors with more suitable values, time to go hunting :)
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Might get away just connecting one ford injector?
The ecu might be happier too ;)
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

yeah an idea I have been given is to retain the toyota sc14 superchargers magnetic clutch assembly and fitting a bypass which will allow the supercharger to be turned off and have the inlet tract remain unrestricted whilste driving under normal conditions, but when more power is required I can switch the blower on, the bypass closes and the second injector activates giving me more power when required and improving fuel economy.

Kind of like mad max's V8 Intercepror lol.

it has also been suggested to me that the injector drivers could be changed to allow the use of the low impedance injectors?

anyone have more info on this?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It has been done on some of the american pcms, but I dont think anyone has figured out for the '808. I'd be happy to hear otherwise. I think you can also add a resistor pack to bring the resistance up, but it'll change the properties (opening times) of the injectors. You could have a look over the megasquirt info about the resistor subject, but be prepared for it to get technical: I'll copy a link here:

http://www.symtechlabs.com/support/know ... uirt:low_z
The most basic method for safely controlling low impedance fuel injectors is to add inline resistors to your fuel injectors. These resistors limit the total amount of current through the injectors, but unfortunately the injectors won’t open or close as quickly as they were designed. Sluggish injectors cause sloppy idle control.

Resistors are fairly inexpensive and work well with all versions of MegaSquirt hardware. The MegaManual has information on selecting inline resistors here:

http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/minj.htm#injresist
As for the clutch and bypass, the bypass could create some side effects. How are you planning to implement that?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I've seen some good ones made from an old vn throttlebody and a boost actuator
MOPAR
cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon

Post by MOPAR »

I have been running a EA Falcon CPI setup on a Chrysler 318 for about 2 years now. Haven't fried the Delco yet! Initially I had concerns about the current draw of the Low impedance Ford injectors but I found when modifying a V8 loom the Delco was batch firing all 8 High impedance injectors at once (not in a bank of 4 as wiring diagram indicates). Current test on the Commodore High impedance injector measured 1 amp & 4 amps on the Ford High impedance. So I figure that the 2 Low impedance injectors shouldn't draw anymore current than the 8 High impedance Injectors and touch wood so far the smoke hasn't escaped from the box!