NVram delco 808

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
hdt1979
cars: VC SL/E
ZG Jeep Grand Cherokee

NVram delco 808

Post by hdt1979 »

hi all,
Need help setting up ose12p on an 808 ecu. if I put standard memcal in with the modified vp clubby tune BDJH I can get car to run, but with nvram it fires then dies unless I check the flag bypass spark, then it will start and idle but as soon as you touch throttle it stalls. Im a diesel mechanic and Im having trouble getting my head around this tune, I have read all docs on this site and I am still having trouble. I live in Mt Druitt NSW anyone nearby that could take a look at it for me would be greatly appreciated, I would be happy to pay someone for there time.
thanks Nathan
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: NVram delco 808

Post by antus »

can you post up a log of it happening?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

also post up the tune thats currently on the nvram that you are trying to start the car on.
hdt1979
ZG Jeep Grand Cherokee

Post by hdt1979 »

hi , I cannot get a log yet as it barely idles on Nvram which is one of VL400 units, it has had the kinjflow done for injectors and displacement, and still no good. Tuner pro connects fine and everything seems to be working ie; in dash mode when I push throttle you can see tps value changing , map reading etc then when you wind it and it starts all readings are doing something but touch throttle when running and it stalls. on the BDJH memcal it runs but exhaust gets hot(glowing, probably too lean) ,engine temp is fine.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Get a timing light on it and confirm that its roughly 10deg BTDC while cranking. Sounds like maybe timing is miles out. When it runs will need to put it in diagnostic mode and confirm that its at 10deg also.

You can still get a TunerPro log of the engine starting and stalling. Without that and the bin your currently using its not possible to offer many suggestions on possible causes.
hdt1979
ZG Jeep Grand Cherokee

Post by hdt1979 »

no worries, im at work atm so will do tomorrow and post log, as for tune its the v8 tune that was loaded on nvram when I brought it (ose12p v8 tune).timing is spot on I used the BDJH memcal to time it in diagnostic mode.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

are you sure it was in diagnostic mode? check engine light flashing? unplug the computer and time it while cranking to be sure. glowing exhaust is generally an indication of being well retarded on the timing.... it wont glow from being lean, itll just run up to shit.
hdt1979
ZG Jeep Grand Cherokee

Post by hdt1979 »

sorry for delay in responding been sent away for work so I will get to logging this weekend, timing is spot on (cam was dialled in and static timing is 10'").
hdt1979
ZG Jeep Grand Cherokee

Post by hdt1979 »

Sorry for delay family issues, I now have car running , it turned out to be a faulty ignition module ,sent it back and it was replaced with another new unit which works fine. here is a log from engine running, im having trouble with logging as it drops out after about 4-5 minutes of logging, any ideas , ive changed laptops tried different config settings and still have logging errors.
Attachments
log2.xdl
nv-ram ose12p
(169.02 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

A few things.. I can see the voltage is 11.9, so you might want to check your charge circuit. No DTCs so thats ok. Its idling pretty high, might be an air leak?

Its pretty rich too. Whats not stock about the engine? What base tune?

As for the comms drop out, what comms interface are you using? Counterfeit FTDI chips will do that, but if it was supplied by VL400 or myself then your hardware will be genuine so its more likely an electrical interference problem of some kind although issues at cranking rather than the 4 or 5 minute mark would be more common. Not something to do with the laptop heating up as it works?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396