New person help

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

New person help

Post by HQ355 »

Hi there I'm new to all this tuning stuff with computers so for my 1st question il keep it quick and easy, I'm building a 355 with a T-56 for my HQ. I have a 808 computer and can get my hands on a VR V8 manual loom, I've been told this will work ? Any mods needed to the loom to get it to work ? Thanks for time and help
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Re: New person help

Post by Dazza92VP »

nope vr manual is the the same as vn vp auto/manual looms so ecu will plug straight in. the aldl plug wont work at 8192 baud rate due to not having the extra components but you wont need that if your putting coms board in it and not using the bcm
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

On vr the diagnostic connector is not in the engine loom. The vr vs manual loom is ideal as the transmission wiring is in the same loom.
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

I know the obd connector is not in the engine loom just letting him know incase he tries to connect diag gear up or trying to do logging through the port it will be slow only 160 baud and the only transmission wiring that would be in the engine loom would be vss but I thought that passed through in to the body harness under the dash like vn vp and went through the trans tunnel under the heater box
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Nah on the vr vs both vss and even reverse light's are in the engine loom.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Reverse lights are under dash wiring on vr/vs.
Vt was the first to be in the engine harness as the inhibiter switch is on the trans.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

The few looms I've worked on have been in the engine loom, between vr and vs the power feed is from a different pin in the engine bay as well. It connects to the body loom above the ecu. And uses the power button wiring to get to the connection at the shifter/ stick location. On a manual car there's no globe in the cluster for the power indicator. Other wise it always illuminated unless in reverse.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Thanks for the help guys, I got the loom now just a bit more work on the motor and fuel lines and hopefuly i'l be firing it up in a month or so. Then there'll be some questions, thanks
gaza_2
cars: VH sle 5.0 injected
Hj panel van project
80 series landcruisern1FZFE

Post by gaza_2 »

hey vs ss,
manuals don't have inhibitor switches do they???? I know the t5 only has a detent in the shift pattern to stop you from engaging reverse when in 5th. Im pretty sure the vs v8 MANUAL looms have rev lights(but it has been months since I have looked at on on the engine loom and as said the vss is definitely on the engine loom.
cheers gareth,
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

No inhibitor on factory manual it's bridged out. Think 6 speed had reverse lock out when at speed.