vs 5L flooding and won't start

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
carbysaregood
cars: VK commodore wagon

vs 5L flooding and won't start

Post by carbysaregood »

Hi, I am new to messing about with injected V8's and have a problem with my VK fitted with a VS 5L. Car was running after conversion with VATS removed chip purchased on the web but now floods so badly that it wont start. Coil, ignition module, dizzy, injectors, fuel pressure, fuel reg, tps, idle bypass, map, mat and temp sensors have all been ruled out by either swapping or checking tolerances so now I have come back to maybe a computer issue. Has anyone had a similar issue or can anyone point me in the right direction before I go completely insane?
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Re: vs 5L flooding and won't start

Post by vs ss »

Yeh I have had two do the same thing over the years one been the coolant temp and the last one about 18 months ago was the pcm.
The pcm caused it to flood that bad that if I took a plug out after it wouldn't start I could see the fuel pooling on top of the piston. :wtf:
Took a while to find as it would run fine one day then all of a sudden I would go to the shops come out to go and it was full of fuel. So I had a spare pcm and memcal chucked it in and sold the car about a month ago and hadn't missed a beat.
Not saying it is the problem but that's just a suggestion of maybe the same sort of thing.
Cheers.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

is the motor stock ?

when you say running after removing VATS ... how long ? weeks days hours ? im not sure if its just me but reading your sentence it also sounds like it could be that its been flooding since getting the vats removed chip ?
carbysaregood

Post by carbysaregood »

Thanks for the responses. I bought the VK with the conversion done, running and driving but donor engine had no oil pressure. Engine was built and re fitted and fired up first shot, ran a couple of times then started flooding and hasnt gone since.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Has anything been done to it like different cam etc ??
carbysaregood

Post by carbysaregood »

Engine is stock rebuild and ran spot on when it first fired up, have been through everything to make sure there is nothing mechanical wrong and if I manually restrict the fuel it will start now so have pretty much ruled out anything other than electronics.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Check that the injectors are not being held open. Remove one inj plug and measure the voltage with the key on. There should be 12V on both pins on the wiring harness side.

Also check that the regulator vacuum line going to the intake manifold is not full of fuel.
carbysaregood

Post by carbysaregood »

Just checked now and there is 12v to both terminals, have checked previously with noid light and injectors are pulsing. Vac line from reg is clear. Appreciate your help.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

you had a fuel pressure guage on it?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

if its not the reg, worth checking the return line.

pressure gauge like stated above will show that.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.