VT l67 spac

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
TdracerTd
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

VT l67 spac

Post by TdracerTd »

Hi there,

I have just bought a supercharged vy s PAC. Trying to find out some information on what the best way to go would be as far as pcm. It's for a racecar and is going into a vp body with t5 gearbox.

What I would like to know is the following

1. What is possible with the tune on the vy pcm
2. Is it possible to use the 808 with the l67 and what are the drawbacks? Is it recommended
3. I will be wanting to get rid of the BCM completely not just disable it. Is this possible?
4. If I retain the vy pcm, is maf less tune possible?
5. What would I need to tune the vy pcm and where can I get it and how much?
6. Anything I haven't considered about the project.

Thanks in advance for your replies
Last edited by TdracerTd on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Vy l67 spac

Post by VL400 »

TdracerTd wrote:1. What is possible with the tune on the vy pcm
Heaps! The enhanced bins take things further and allow for really crazy airflows and some nice performance features. Can see what can be tuned in the XDF/Bin here .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2518
TdracerTd wrote:2. Is it possible to use the 808 with the l67 and what are the drawbacks? Is it recommended
It can be used. Pros/Cons are fairly even if you can tune it yourself. If paying someone then a slight tweak on the VY PCM vs a near full tune on the '808 is required. The '808 is MAP only if using 12P (http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=356).
TdracerTd wrote:3. I will be wanting to get rid of the BCM completely not just disable it. Is this possible?
Yeah, it can be removed and retain the VY PCM. Aside from needing to disable VATS you lose a few functions. Really only check engine light and low speed fan would be missed in your case - A/C is prob not high on the list :lol:
TdracerTd wrote:4. If I retain the vy pcm, is maf less tune possible?
Not for free. Would need to run Kalmaker.
TdracerTd wrote:5. What would I need to tune the vy pcm and where can I get it and how much?
Antus has what you need. NVRAM and USB ALDL interface :thumbup:
TdracerTd wrote:6. Anything I haven't considered about the project.
Am sure there is more that others will mention, but either option will have some catches along the way.
The1

Post by The1 »

as above, id just stick the factory pcm and run enhanced on it, then put a larger maf on it if your going over 10psi. Disable VATS and it'l all run in the racecar, only issues with be with stuff the BCM usually did like thermofan and engine fault light but doubt you'd care for those and. You could still run a single speed fan triggered by the PCM.
TdracerTd
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

Thanks guys. Wondering if I have bitten off more than I can chew, but I don't give up easily. What would be a good reference for the functions in the bins? Not just the enhanced functions but all of them. Any reading I can do to get my head around this? I need an in if you know what I mean. The whole point of the exercise is to learn, have fun and see what sort of monster I can create. ;)
The1

Post by The1 »

hit the FAQ button on the bar top right of the forum.

If you drop the engine in and the engine wiring loom with PCM, then turn vats off in the tune then you should be good to get the engine started.

From there set the low fan ON/OFF temps to max like 150c so they wont enable, then set HIGH Fan to the temps you want to run a single speed thermo fan at.

Pretty much have a running setup then, get tunerpro RT with ADX/BIN/XDF and load it all up, get a NVRAM chip from Antus and a datalogging cable if you want to datalog it and realtime tune it.

Go from there.
Andy2delco
cars: Holden VR V8 Calais

Post by Andy2delco »

let me know how you go im putting a l67 in a vk calais and could anyone help with wiring diagrams
The1

Post by The1 »

TdracerTd
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

Need to make a slight adjustment to this thread. Engine and computer are actually Vt. Got the car yesterday and had it all screwed up.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: VT l67 spac

Post by yoda69 »

VT-VY L67 all use the same computer with a slightly different program, so all above is still correct.
Andy2delco
cars: Holden VR V8 Calais

Re: VT l67 spac

Post by Andy2delco »

i got the whole engine loom and ecu out of a vt supercharged v6 am I better off getting the bcm and dash loom and putting all the stuff in like central locking ect or just put a separate alarm system for that