VX L67 with 69mm TB Cold start stalling

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: VX L67 with 69mm TB Cold start stalling

Post by immortality »

I don't know enough about what I'm looking at. I am seeing data that is the same between the VS XDF and the VX XDF so I am looking in the right place I think.

I'm fairly average at HEX, almost need to get paper and pen and number it by hand to keep track of where I am
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah it's not for the faint hearted, if you want stuff added you can send request & will do it ASAP!
immortality

Post by immortality »

Cheers mate,

Appreciate the offer but I want to persevere a bit with this and see if I can find it. Probably pushing shit up the proverbial but can't hurt to try.

I think I've sort of figured out how to add stuff that has been defined in other XDF files for comparable engines/models, it's something that's not defined that has me stumped and unfortunately I am looking for something that I assume must be there somewhere.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah that's where it can get more difficult as most calibrations have all the same stuff but can be moved around & different sizes.

So best to do a hex search of the bytes just before table/scalar you want & might get lucky!
immortality

Post by immortality »

HEX search? Not sure how that works.
immortality

Post by immortality »

OK, I'm making an assumption that if a decay table exists that it's based on engine coolant temp and the temp range will the the same as other temperature based tables. Other tables have 17 steps in 12° C increments from -40° to 156°.

Am I on the right path or am I loosing the plot?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

the temp range numbers are an invention of ours and asssigned to the cells as labels in tunerpro only. what you generally do is assume that the actual decay values will be hte same between VS and VT. then you just copy the hex of the VS decay table values using a hex editor and then search for the same values in a VT bin and see if they pop up somewhere.

or you can look where the next table in front of the decay tables are in the VS (lets call it table X) , then look in the VT XDF for table X. find the hex address for table X in th xdf and open a hex editor and go to that address in the VT bin. also do the same for VS and go to the hex address for tableX in the VS bin (will be different) then open them up side by side. if you are lucky the decay rate table will be in the same spot in relation to tableX and you may see it there right before TableX in the VT bin.

not sure how wellI explained it there, hope I didnt lose you lol.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Yep, I've been doing that sort off for tables that are already defined in the VS XDF. However the VS XDF does not seem to have a IAC decay table so I have nothing to use as a guide to find it.

I realise the temp number are only relevant in Tunerpro so that it makes it easy to see what the numbers are relevant to. I'm working on the basis that other tables using coolant as a determinant are a 17 rows so I'm making an assumption that the decay table will also have 17 rows.

I am also making a guess with the equation for the table.
Last edited by immortality on Tue May 06, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

generally that is the case. its really hard trying to find them without another similar xdf as a guide. if all else fails I used to open up kalmaker and use that to find it lol.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Well it's got me stumped :(