Sc14 to buick and e85

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Jayme

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by Jayme »

All you need to do is unplug the sensor from the ecu and disable the o2 sensor error codes.
TdracerTd
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

Thanks Jayme.

It's a quiet day at work, so working on my tune :lol: just looking through the ADX in Tunerpro, and now that I'm not using any BLM or Closed loop in my tune, I was thinking that maybe I can delete all of the parameters that relate to these from the ADX. Only reason is just to simplify things so that there is only the parameters that i'm using or absolutely need displayed. This won't screw anything up would it?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The best way is to leave the items defined in the adx and just modify the list, monitor and dash views. You can easily create your own custom layouts and views in tunerpro to suit whatever you want to tune or view. Leaving the items defined makes it simpler to add back if you ever log another vehicle or your setup changes and need to use them again.
TdracerTd
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

I'm trying to set up my TunerPro dashboard to display the Wideband in lambda. I have adjusted the value for the gauge to have a max of 1.52 and a min of 0.5. I have changed the 0v wideband setting and the 5v setting. I'm just not sure about whether I need to change the calculation in the adx. Its set to x/10.
Last edited by TdracerTd on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

The ECU code is not really setup to handle lambda. Everything else is in AFR so was written for that.

If you are keen to have the wideband in lambda (it will make tuning a bit more of a pain as the target is going to be AFR) then your best option is to change the 0V AFR to 0 and 5V AFR to 25.5 (this pretty much disables the AFR calc in the ECU). Then you can modify the X/10 calculation in TunerPro to suit lamda, ((1.52 - 0.5) * (X / 256)) + 0.5. Also change the output digits to 2.
TdracerTd
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

VL400 wrote:The ECU code is not really setup to handle lambda. Everything else is in AFR so was written for that.

If you are keen to have the wideband in lambda (it will make tuning a bit more of a pain as the target is going to be AFR) then your best option is to change the 0V AFR to 0 and 5V AFR to 25.5 (this pretty much disables the AFR calc in the ECU). Then you can modify the X/10 calculation in TunerPro to suit lamda, ((1.52 - 0.5) * (X / 256)) + 0.5. Also change the output digits to 2.
So I wouldn't be able to change the targets to lambda as well? Maybe this is not such a good idea...
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Its not impossible but every single table in the XDF that has AFR needs to change the calculation along with the ADX items.

You can leave the wideband set to AFR (maybe 10-20, with the 0V and 5V set to match) and just modify the calcs in the XDF and ADX to show lambda. Still a heap of work!
TdracerTd
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

I think i will give it a crack, if for nothing else but the excercise. I'm still getting my head around the how to modify the adx calculations.
VL400 wrote:Its not impossible but every single table in the XDF that has AFR needs to change the calculation along with the ADX items.

You can leave the wideband set to AFR (maybe 10-20, with the 0V and 5V set to match) and just modify the calcs in the XDF and ADX to show lambda. Still a heap of work!
For the a/f targets, I would just need to adjust the values in the tables? And then adjust all of the a/f calculations in the adx so that the logging works?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I've adjusted tunes for methanol and e85 but never lambda hehe .....

just out of interest are you just wanting to display lambda or actually have the tune run off it ?

it would be fairly easy to display lambda in place of AFR's on the wideband and in logs if that's all you require ?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Nothing changes in the actual tables, you would change the calculation for the data in the table (and any scalar)/ They are currently X / 10 (or X * 0.1) for petrol AFR, that changes to X / 147 (or stoich value * 10, 14.7 * 10 = 147).

So the ECU still operates in petrol AFR with a stoich of 14.7:1, you are just changing what you see. It is still a bit wrong as its a petrol to lambda conversion, it does not work out as nice as what I think you are trying to achieve running E85 (if your tables have E85 values you would use the stoich value * 10, can get tricky about it and use the stoich scalar as part of your calculation).