KAlmaker

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Vpgts076
cars: vp gts

Re: KAlmaker

Post by Vpgts076 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:What part of melbourne?

I'm a bit busy to do anything in the near future, but would think Yoda69 may be able to help you out if your near Bellarine area?
Hi Mate,

I am Epping Area.

Where are you located?

I am in no rush...... :)

Thanks
Daniel
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Could post a pic of the ecu and chip. From memory the Kalmaker security PAL is around $200 so sounds like a burnt chip.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I think the PAL's are even more expensive now so I very much doubt getting that priced it's right, but it sounds like they way you have responded it could have either been 2nd hand or a mailorder type tune so who know's what it is till you get a read, but as Dylan said if you take a photo of it, then it might help.

I'm in Bayside area & more than liekly it won't be a quick touch up depending on how well it's actually starting & driving so may need the vehicle for a few days!

Hopefully you can get some gear & have a play yourself with help oif others here!
Vpgts076

Post by Vpgts076 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Yeah I think the PAL's are even more expensive now so I very much doubt getting that priced it's right, but it sounds like they way you have responded it could have either been 2nd hand or a mailorder type tune so who know's what it is till you get a read, but as Dylan said if you take a photo of it, then it might help.

I'm in Bayside area & more than liekly it won't be a quick touch up depending on how well it's actually starting & driving so may need the vehicle for a few days!

Hopefully you can get some gear & have a play yourself with help oif others here!

Hi Mate,

I got it tuned by a rep company 2 years ago cost me $1200 inc kalmaker board.

Has done 1,500 KMS and now I am driving it is running rich as F$#%.

Will post pictures next week.

Thanks
Daniel
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

question .... are you sure its the tune that is causing the issues ?

its not a fuel pressure regulator that's got a split in the diaphragm or something silly like that ?

might be worth checking a few things before you assume its the tune ....

you got it tuned 2 years ago, was it driving ok then ?
Vpgts076

Post by Vpgts076 »

Holden202T wrote:question .... are you sure its the tune that is causing the issues ?

its not a fuel pressure regulator that's got a split in the diaphragm or something silly like that ?

might be worth checking a few things before you assume its the tune ....

you got it tuned 2 years ago, was it driving ok then ?

Hi MAte,
I had it tunes and then had a baby so only drove 200kms. Did smell rich at the time.

Currently have heads off as I am setting up with double valve springs.

replacing all sensors and recoing injectors.

was hoping somebody could read the old tune to sanity check as tuner wants $660 to have a look.

I have a usb cable and efilive will that help work out if it is rich or do I need a wideband or something?

Thanks
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

AHH that makes sense then, when you said you paid $200 for the board I thought that was the whole price!

So the PCM has the usb comms attached/installed if you have the USB cable?

If that is so, then you could download Tunerpro5RT & possibly use a stock VP factory ADX & see if all the data looks o.k. once its back together obviously.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Assuming it was running ok originally it may need to be relinked, if this is the case will be running on limp home setup.
Try the following and see if it is any better:
1. Disconnect ECU from power for 2 minutes
2. Key on but don't crank for 1 minute
3. Key off for 1 minute
4. Start vehicle

If above doesn't work do you have an ALDL cable? If so use the flashtool to read the tune and post it up.

yoda69
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

We will see when we get some pics but it sounds to me like he has a standard ecu with the kalmaker tune burnt to to a chip with the kalmaker security pal.