Serial/Data port wiring

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Skullator
cars: HJ Holden with supercharged v6

Serial/Data port wiring

Post by Skullator »

Hi All,
I have fitted and wired engine Auto Ecm ,had Vats removed by a bloke at the gold coast and connected tunerpro with aldl interface
So far wont connect, further investigation shows A3=5v,F14-11.8v the information i have suggests F-14 should be at 5v
I am thinking the diagnostic connector needs more than the two wires from the serial outputs of the ecm to trigger diagnostic modes just by connecting to the interface,
Thoughts?
Is there anyway to test if vats is

as well as this

i have no 2s pulse at the fuel pump relay and no crank

have tested interface on vy commodore it did connect but readings were all over the place 22550 rpm etc
admittedly it was with s/c v6 file in tunerpro
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Serial/Data port wiring

Post by antus »

Yeah if you have the wrong ADX the data will be wrong. What sort of ALDL interface is that? The pcmhacking.net ones just need GND and ALDL pins. You might need to ask whoever sold you the interface. If the fuel pump doesnt run for a moment it sounds like the chip could be bad.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Skullator

Post by Skullator »

Bought it from the same guy at the Gold Coast Delosomeone cant remember his name it was off Ebay ,sent him ECM and he flashed for vats (apparently S/C V6 had to be sent to him to be flashed to remove vats)
just got to hooking it up now and of coarse its all gone pear shaped
I expected to have trouble though so its just a matter of diagnosing it
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Beware, there have been lots of reports of ebay hardware that doesnt work. See here for a recent one. Maybe your interface is the same? http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3619

The seller your talking about tends to use the lowest cost hardware, and that has been known to include counterfit chips. Do check your wiring etc, but its entirely possible you'd been supplied a dud chip and/or interface.

For example, this an nvram but see the second pic which shows the level of hardware that seller is selling: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

The s/c v6 pcm has memcal so you don't have to send the whole pcm.
Only the n/a ones have to be flashed and years ago I was one of those suckers that got dragged into to buying one of the ebay ones!
The best thing I ever did is throw it in the bin and bought one of the ones that vl400 was making and selling(now antus) :thumbup:
Skullator

Post by Skullator »

Hi all,well have made some progress engine is now running,all be it a little rough(plugs and leads on order), it now seems the engine cooling fan runs constantly, i thought was normal when diagnostic plug is connected ,are there any instances where the fan is told to come on at a cold temperature?

Cheers Mike
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

fan will be on as soon as you turn the ignition on if its in limp home mode! that would probably explain it running rough also....
Skullator

Post by Skullator »

Thanks for that i will see if any codes are up and if they can be cleared>
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if its in limp home mode there will be no codes!
Skullator

Post by Skullator »

Hi All,Leads and plugs did the trick running much better, still have the engine fan coming on when engine is running doesn't come on with ignition only, is it possible that because there is no bcm yet it is automatically kicking in high speed fan?
there is no aircon request and temp is low,
just had a thought that the temp sender may be faulty will check and get back,
(running two temp senders one for dash and one for pcm)
Any thoughts ,ideas appreciated ,
Cheers Mike