VX V6 not starting

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

VX V6 not starting

Post by hsv08 »

hay guys, work mate wanted me to have a look at his car that had a intermitted starting issue.
I connected to ecu using flashtool and pulled the bin a couple times, I then removed vats to see if it was a security issue, still winds over just wont start. I then thought maybe I had a checksum issue so changed the program id to 127 (AA just out in a 0 when saved)
still no start, took a log of it and it winds over then ends up CAMS SIGNAL MISSING and VATS OK FLAG FAIL.
Could somebody look over this too see if anything sticks out?
PROG ID to 127.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
Also here is a log of it
PROG ID to 127.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
Thanks in advance
Attachments
log not start.xdl
(11.76 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: VX V6 not starting

Post by VL400 »

There is no RPM while cranking and the PCM reports no reference pulses (DTC 46) while cranking.

CAS or Ignition Module failure would be one place to start checking. The other fault codes for the trans could also mean a fuse or relay fault. Check that the EFI relay is switching and no fuses are blown.

Also, you can confirm VATS is disabled or security has passed by the injector pulse value being something other than 0.0ms.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Thanks VL400, So i have checked the monitors and its registering 30.25ms while ignition is on and while engine is cranking, when key is flicked off then all monitors die off. can you confirm with that BIN that noting is corrupt and that it tests up fine? im sure it does. and changing the program ID to 127 was the right move? Ill check efi relay and fuses to see if anything looks strange
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Haven't downloaded the bin yet, is it auto or manual & what is the calibration id if auto I'd assumed 92104512 if manual 92104513?
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Correct its auto so cal id of 92104512
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Will post a bin up shortly with calibration update as you can run 92108760 in that now & will disable vats for you, but will need to use $BDb xdf after that!

Can just do calibration update but not sure if full bin will be best later on as it may be referencing different EEPROM areas with later calibration!
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Will post a bin up shortly with calibration update as you can run 92108760 in that now & will disable vats for you, but will need to use $BDb xdf after that!

Can just do calibration update but not sure if full bin will be best later on as it may be referencing different EEPROM areas with later calibration!
Thanks mate, he is getting the cam angle sensor replaced today so hopefully that will sort the no start issue as thats all i can see thats stopping the spark, unless ive fudged something up. Seems to have injector pulse just judging by looking at the monitors during cranking. as soon as ignition is on injector pilse is steady at 37ms or so until you turn key off. what sort of updates were done to $BDb?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

If the inj pulse in TP does not change while cranking it is not injecting fuel. No RPM signal it also wont be injecting fuel.

Have you checked voltages? With the trans faults its possible its a relay or fuse rather than the crank sensor. Always good practice to check the basics before throwing parts at it or writing bins!

Its also not the cam sensor stopping it starting if that is what your replacing.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

VL400 wrote:If the inj pulse in TP does not change while cranking it is not injecting fuel. No RPM signal it also wont be injecting fuel.

Have you checked voltages? With the trans faults its possible its a relay or fuse rather than the crank sensor. Always good practice to check the basics before throwing parts at it or writing bins!

Its also not the cam sensor stopping it starting if that is what your replacing.
Yea well the fault cam up while trying to start it so we thought that may be the best place to start. TP doesnt see revolutions or a change in inj ms its flat rate 37ms until you key off.
I will go out now and check relays and fuses. ive only checked voltages of battery through TP, It kicks over on the starter no worries just doesnt fire into life. not even a pop
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

relays under bonnet all click when switching ignition on, fuses look ok. turning off vats could stop injectors starting? could I have possibly screwed it by pulling the bin and changing the vats flag and reflashing cal?
I tried yesterday to reflash back the cal I backed up with get bin, then serv error came up on dash after, so reloaded cal that I changed vats flag on then it went away.