VX V6 not starting

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: VX V6 not starting

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hee's a bin to try, it would be great to have an APP to update the checksum without having to flash it to a PCM, but checksum should be right in this as I did flash it to a PCM!
Attachments
01 DKDC (92108760 No Vats Checksum update).bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Hee's a bin to try, it would be great to have an APP to update the checksum without having to flash it to a PCM, but checksum should be right in this as I did flash it to a PCM!
Excellent thank you mate, excuse my inexperience but do I just save that bin and open it up in TP with xdf $BDb then resave then use write bin function on my v141 flashtool and that should work as per norm?
Im just weary about rooting this guys PCM that's all.
What about all the original chassis codes etc?
Sorry guys, writing to the NVRAM from tunerpro is all im really used to
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

no need to use tunerpro, simply connect to the car with flashtool, hit write cal and select the file that you just saved to your disk from the above post.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

For starters I would just do a write cal & select from the bin I posted!

I would also disconnect the PCM for 10 minutes or so to clear fault codes & registry!

Then if it works you can update the entire bin with flashtoool, I've just zero'd out the vin but that makes bugger all difference!

EDIT; VL beat me to it!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Hee's a bin to try, it would be great to have an APP to update the checksum without having to flash it to a PCM, but checksum should be right in this as I did flash it to a PCM!
There is .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... gin#p31079

Out of interest, is there some major issue with the cal hsv08 is using? Would have thought crank angle sensor or the EFI relay would be the first checks rather than flashing the PCM. VATS is disabled or the BCM passed security as it shows an injector PW but getting no RPM its not going to inject much fuel, and if its also got no spark then its likely not even PCM related as it sparks without the PCM connected.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

I agree with vl400.
I would start checking all fuses and relays.
I've also had problems with the connector to the DFI module under the coils, try removing connector, note it is a bolt on connector, clean up terminals and refit. Did this on my vt and it has done another 100,000km with no further issues.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I haven't looked at anything that has been posted, I just got a PM asking to bypass VAT's & thought he was having trouble trying to figure it out so I did it & thought while at it may as well update the calibration, but yeah does seem weird as VAT's is very rarely a problem!
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Thanks guys. i thought id try vats removal as he said that occasionally the key has had issues, will only sometimes start with the key pin facing on the lower side of the ring terminal. so disabled vats to check that problem. he has replaced the DFI moudule before and crank angle sensor twice.relays are clicking under bonnet when ignition is on, logs show fuel pump sets when cranking, injector pulse rates hold a steady 37ms until key off. so i gather there not pulsing. had a look at fuses under dash, all seem ok.
I know with the V8 when the cam angle sensor starts playing up it doesnt want to start.
there is a guy coming today to replace the cram angle sensor and that fault came up while cranking.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you say your relays are clicking, that doesn't mean they are definitely working though, its worth getting one you know works, like headlights etc and swap it to the efi ones just to rule them out, either that or make up a test rig to test them etc.

fuel pump sets when cranking, but does it prime at key on ? makes me wonder if the fuel pump relay might be an issue and after winding the motor enough it gets oil pressure so then starts ?
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Holden202T wrote:you say your relays are clicking, that doesn't mean they are definitely working though, its worth getting one you know works, like headlights etc and swap it to the efi ones just to rule them out, either that or make up a test rig to test them etc.

fuel pump sets when cranking, but does it prime at key on ? makes me wonder if the fuel pump relay might be an issue and after winding the motor enough it gets oil pressure so then starts ?
The guy recons its intermitted, sometimes it will start first pop, sometimes it will just wind over with no fire, he says he removes power from battery and that sometimes fixes it. he brought it into work, i hooked up lap and removed VATS, coincidental or not but after nemerous trys it no longer starts at all just winds over.

Will try a knowen relay to see if its the efi relay, (wouldnt think a relay would be intermittant) cant remember if fuel pump primes, im leaning towards maybe it doesnt?

If a motor winds over but doesnt start for a period of time can this cause the CAS fault to log? starts in log as clear until around 2 seconds of sitting on starter motor than will set a CAS fail