Check engine light

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Skullator
cars: HJ Holden with supercharged v6

Check engine light

Post by Skullator »

Hi all,
I have a VX V6 S/C in a HJ Ute with a TS Magna dash, i
I am trying to get the check engine light to function ,as far as i can see my only option is to remove the sdi from an vx dashboard and connect its data link to the pcm and wire the check engine light as per VX diagram,
as an added bonus this should give me cruise control functionality
Any thoughts ?
Cheers Mike
Jayme

Re: Check engine light

Post by Jayme »

if you use the VX dash internals to do it... you need the BCM too... the BCM is the master of the data bus, without it = no comms to dash.

two other ways I can think of - use a VS S/C computer and loom and wire up the check engine light directly to the PCM, or buy a BCM simulator from somewhere, which will hook into the VX pcm and have an output wire to go to your check engine light.
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

VL400 does a good bcm simulator
Skullator

Post by Skullator »

Thanks he has contacted me and just have to flick him some cash and all my problems will be solved yep ALL even hairloss
Skullator

Post by Skullator »

Ok now that someone said BCM i thought "great idea"
Fitted and wired BCM fitted keyhead charge port to barrel, is there a way to output from BCM to fault light or will i have to get the adaptor?
Cheers
Skull
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

no, the BCM is the central master of the aldl bus, required for comms to dash to work at all. the dash is what listens to the aldl data and turns the check engine light on. you would have to use parts of the dash for it to work. which is why its way easier to throw bcm and dash away and use a bcm simulator which does the job of both bcm and dash to get your check engine light working.