Auto to Manual update

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Skullator
cars: HJ Holden with supercharged v6

Auto to Manual update

Post by Skullator »

Hi all,To change settings in PCM from an auto trans. to a manual trans. is this something that can be done via tunerpro with stock eprom or does it need to be wiped and re written/nvram option ? just trying to get rid of fault codes.
cheers
Mike
thanks for pointing me in the right direction
Holden202T

Re: Auto to Manual update

Post by Holden202T »

well firstly the model of car this is might help to give more specific answers, but in general you need a NVRAM to write to it in realtime , unless its one of the newer flash pcms, ie. VX onwards I think ?

if it is an eprom pcm then you will at a minimum need to change the tune in tunerpro and then wipe and re-burn the eprom with the changed tune.

but your on the right track, disabling the DTCS for the auto should stop it causing any issues.
Skullator
cars: HJ Holden with supercharged v6

Post by Skullator »

hi sorry for lack of information,having a bad day,
vx v6 s/c with a t5 gearbox
have a sh**t load of codes all relating to the gearbox , pretty sure i can turn them off with resistors, but i also have a low fan speed comms error ,i suspect due to having no bcm,(i think this is why high speed fan is running all the time)
is it possible to get aftermarket bcm , i thought i read that vn400 was making them but i cant get in contact with him (is he still doing them?) ,
previously you have given me advice on modifying wiring to suit t5 speedo sensor , do you think genuine cruise will work ok?(i suspect it will if speedo works).
Having aftermarket BCM would soilve a lot of troubles,
Cheers Mike
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

bcm simulators are here:
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1305

yes mask the dtcs. i think the speed sensor will be ok in VT, its VR/VS where you will need mods.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Skullator wrote:i thought i read that vn400 was making them but i cant get in contact with him (is he still doing them?)
Sent you a PM :thumbup: