Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into WB

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Re: Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into W

Post by kojab »

Pin 20 BLUE PLUG should be permanent battery + 12 not 3.6 v. Fuse for this is under the cover directly under the steering wheel.
Bart
cars: Torana, Statesman

Post by Bart »

kojab wrote:Pin 20 BLUE PLUG should be permanent battery + 12 not 3.6 v. Fuse for this is under the cover directly under the steering wheel.
Cool I will check that. Ive got the flu at the moment so working with one hand tied behind my back. Ill try again tomorrow.
Bart

Post by Bart »

antus wrote:the low signals are the ground side of the various signals from sensors.
Yep that cool
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

pin 20 and pin 57 are both battery positive constant 12v... 3.6v could be your problem
Bart

Post by Bart »

Still got a dirty flu. Haven’t been back to yet but will let you know what happens.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Some little good news the engine started but for only a few seconds. I believe there may be no fuel going to the engine, I was able to take off the fuel line with a plastic fitting and it was dry, I think this was a return line?? Not sure but it was dry. Strange because I linked/bridged the fuel pump relay and I can hear it running in the tank or next to the tank. Do these Commodores have another "Primer" or "Lift" pump separate to the EFI pump? So maybe what I can hear running is the EFI pump running dry??
Plastic fitting and metal fitting on hose/pipe

Thanks
Bart
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

The fuel supply is the metal one and the plastic one is the purge pipe from the charcoal canister.
They do not have a return line from the engine on the ls1.
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

if you bridge the 30 pin and 87 pin on the fuel pump relay with your meter set to amps it should draw about 6amps if it is down at 1-2 amps you are out of fuel easy way to check.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Very easy check, is what i like
Bart

Post by Bart »

Great news guys thank you all. The beast has started! Finally got a chance to tinker around and got it going.
The issue was the wiring obviously had to be right which it was after chatting with you guys. My feeling of no fuel going to the motor was correct and the easiest check as vlt304 pointed me in the right direction. Before everyone flames me there was fuel in the tank as I put fuel in it. But obviously not enough fuel and the car is jacked up on the driver’s side. The pump was 1 amp, dumped more fuel in the tank and it went to 5 .7 amps and I knew I was onto something. Cranked the motor and it purred like a kitten. Very happy.
Thanks guys for helping me really appreciate it.