Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into WB

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Bart
cars: Torana, Statesman

Re: Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into W

Post by Bart »

Torana has the Nissan Infinity V8 4.1ltr with 2 turbos added.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Yep, was a bit hard to see on phone screen, I bet that would pull your uncle off your Aunty !
Bart

Post by Bart »

LOL
HQ355 wrote:Yep, was a bit hard to see on phone screen, I bet that would pull your uncle off your Aunty !
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

awesome glad you got it sorted now you have the fun job of fitting into the WB. :thumbup:
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

Bart wrote:
Do you mean the clack clack noise? I thought it was normal for an LS1??? May need a rebuild? I had a LS1 while ago which was worse
yeah my ls1 has a little noise in it but something about the engine noise in the video didnt sound right... cant put my finger on exactly what, could be certain sounds are amplified by the microphone or even could be my headphones lol. need to be there in person to hear it properly :P
Bart

Post by Bart »

I know the air temp connector on inlet was rubbing on the fan belt which caused a whining noise
Jayme wrote:
Bart wrote:
Do you mean the clack clack noise? I thought it was normal for an LS1??? May need a rebuild? I had a LS1 while ago which was worse
yeah my ls1 has a little noise in it but something about the engine noise in the video didnt sound right... cant put my finger on exactly what, could be certain sounds are amplified by the microphone or even could be my headphones lol. need to be there in person to hear it properly :P
Bart

Post by Bart »

Yep. fun fun fun
vlt304 wrote:awesome glad you got it sorted now you have the fun job of fitting into the WB. :thumbup:
Bart

Post by Bart »

Sounds like the whining noise is coming from the power steering pump. Bugger and I bought a reco steering pump for the statesman about 4 months ago.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

How many K's are on the motor ? I'd be doing timing chain and oil pump at a minimum while its out, and the oil pump o-ring @ $20 genuine it sounds expensive until you do what I did and put it all back together and can't get oil pressure and then waste a day and a half changing it ! Lol
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

does it have have A/C? Could be A/C pulley bearing if it does.

Seen so many holdens of sorts make that sort of whine and that bearing seems to be the main cause. The deceiving thing is the noise seems to come out of the engine but A/C transmits the noise into the block and you rear it up top, not from the source.

Took me ages to work mine out, but no internal engine noise or PS pump, or alternator. So I looked else where with pipe to the ear until I found the A/C. Disconnect the belt and have a listen.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.