starting out

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Jessie
cars: 03 vy commodore v6 no mods

starting out

Post by Jessie »

Hay guys,

fresh to the forum and new to tuning ( but familiar with cars), i have been searching around the forums for what i need to do to tune, log data etc but still have many questions, i have a 2003 vy v6 and understand that the PCM is flash based and from what i understand all i have to do is plug in my laptop via aldl cable and open up the flash tool, copy and save original ecu setting and then write setting to second ecu, is this correct?

also looking on eBay there are many PCM's available but i am unsure if there are only certain types that will work with my car, can someone please clarify this for me?

also my motor is completely standard and was wandering if there is a modified tunes for a stock motor, as i would like to play around with uploading and adjusting setting a little bit to get a handle on the situation before i start putting money into it

cant wait to get tuning
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: starting out

Post by antus »

Yeah thats about right. Vx/vy pcms are the same. Might need to disable vats in the tune to use a different pcm. See the faq in the top right to get an idea how to use tuner pro once you've read a bin. Generally speaking read bin, write cal with the flashtool.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

If you read the bin from your factory PCM and choose the option to not clear the internal registers, when you write it to the new PCM (be it VX or VY) everything will be the same as it was including VATS.
Jessie
cars: 03 vy commodore v6 no mods

Post by Jessie »

ok sweet, i think ill have a good browse through the FAQ's and get a better handle on it, bought my PCM so that should be here next week and while i am waiting ill screw around with tuner pro, can anyone point us in the direction of a BIN that is for a standard motor?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396