delco reprogram vn v8 for camira ign module

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
nabiki-dax
cars: Vn 304,
Vt v6 wagon
Vz Sv6 manual
Landowner discovery 3.9ltr V8

delco reprogram vn v8 for camira ign module

Post by nabiki-dax »

Hi all

I have been told I can use an JE camira ign module for my Vn v8 with a vk dizzy, but I also been told I need to change the reference angle in the ecu, is this easy to do or really hard to do, since I need a new ign module for the vn, this might be easier and cost lest considering how much an ign module for vn 304 is

Any help would be great

Thanks

Jeremy
Holden202T

Re: delco reprogram vn v8 for camira ign module

Post by Holden202T »

im putting a 304 into a Bedford and the dizzy I had wasn't the best so I decided to do this mod to it.

at first I tried to fit the guts of the electronic dizzy into the vn dizzy housing, not going to work.

so then I stripped the electronic dizzy, and removed all the weights and advance from it and welded everything up to lock it. then wired up the camira ignition module to the dizzy and wiring loom modded to suit.

I haven't actually had the motor running with it but I have had it throw a spark when I rotate the dizzy so im happy with that.

this thread is for converting a 202 to delco, but the dizzy stuff is exactly the same process http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... o+delco#p4