OBD2 port pin-outs

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

OBD2 port pin-outs

Post by immortality »

Hi Guys,

Does anybody have complete pin-out diagram for the Holden OBD2 port?

The reason I ask is because I'm sure I remember seeing somewhere that one of the pins is for the fuel system. I'm having some fuel system issue (specifically lack there off) on the Senator and If I can activate the system easily by using a pin in the OBD2 port it will simplify the diagnostic process.

Thanks
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Re: OBD2 port pin-outs

Post by HQ355 »

Can you just bridge out the relay like on a VN ?
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

It is an option if this doesn't method doesn't work.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Certainly on VN/VP you get the fuel pump test on the diagnostic connector but not sure about other models (my VR book does not show it)

Some more info here if you have not found it or can add to it .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... ing#p41705
Hokey
cars: Patrol dual cab
Ae71 corolla

Post by Hokey »

Can someone tell me if the obd2 will work without a bcm? I just tried to connect a scan tool to my pcm but the scan tool would not link up.

Cheers
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You need to be more specific, is the car really one of the obd2 standards? Or is a holden obd 1.5 car with the obd2 port? Or, which car is it, then we can figure it out from there? Also what scan tool? Its likely nobody will know exactly how any given scan tool works as we use tunerpro mostly, but it might mean something to someone. The tunerpro definitions on this site mostly wont care if there is a bcm or not.

In most models the BCM sends the heartbeat which other modules time off of and without it data changes a lot so for a mainstream scan tool that likely is your problem.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Well, the Holden OBD-1 diagnostic connector had a fuel pump pin, however OBD-1.5 didn't, so I doubt OBD-2 (which would more closely follow standards) would bring something like this back.

Joe.
Hokey
cars: Patrol dual cab
Ae71 corolla

Post by Hokey »

Thanks for the replies.

I'm running a vt 304 in a gq patrol with std ecu. EBay memcal to remove vats. No bcm.

Scab tool is an obd2 eobd code reader. Ive wired up the obd according to a diagram off here. 5 to earth 6 to f14 on pcm 9 serial data a3 in pcm and 12v to the bottom right pin can't remember he number
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

VT 304 is not OBD2. It's the ALDD called 1.5. Your scantool wont work.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

This is correct. You can use one of our aldl interfaces, tunerpro rt, and one of our adx files to suit the pcm. See the FAQ (link near top right of the screen for getting started guides.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396