vp 3.8 turbo

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
basetime
cars: VP commodore ute
unfinished 3.8 turbo :(

vp 3.8 turbo

Post by basetime »

hi all, i am new to this forum and untill recently the internet also, i have just finished converting my vp 3.8 ute to manual,and now wanting to complete a low cost 6 psi turbo conversion, i already have made the manifolds, have the turbo,the oil feed, return etc. but am now at the stage were i want to have the ability to adjust spark advance and other things without going out and spending 2 grand, now i have done a few turbo conversions before, 351 cleveland, 2 litre pinto, and a x flow, but all of these were quite easy as they used carburetors and dissys so limiting spark advance and adjusting fuel mixture wasnt really all that difficult.If anyone can help me in converting my factory memcal computer to have the abilty to have a lap top pluged in and tune it to virtually what ever i require for the turbo conversion please help! i have been a mechanic for 8 years so i am not an idiot but as far as your guys field is concerned i am a beginner. thank you all very much, i am sure one of you will be able to lead me to the necessary product!

Cheers dave.
Holden202T

Re: vp 3.8 turbo

Post by Holden202T »

you want to get in touch with Antus, he sells the hardware (in the for sale section) of the bits you'll need to tune your setup realtime.

$12P is custom code you'll need and this has support for up to 3 bar boost and almost everything else you want it to do ;)

in my signature is tuning guides and getting started links, check that stuff out as well.
basetime
cars: VP commodore ute
unfinished 3.8 turbo :(

Re: vp 3.8 turbo

Post by basetime »

Thats fantastic thankyou very much 202t. I will be in contact with antus as soon as possible. I will also check out thw getting started guides

Cheees dave