Hj ute with 5l v8 manual conversion

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Griffin
cars: Hj kingswood ute, 304 v8

Hj ute with 5l v8 manual conversion

Post by Griffin »

Ok I have converted a 5l vp efi engine into my old hj kingswood, the engine used to be auto and I have a toyota r155 gear box on it now, couple of teething problems I am having are,

The idle is real high, it stall when I put the clutch in, it will bog down and loose all power when in traffic or idling for a long time.

I had a guy off trademe supply me with a memcal which fixed the stalling problem but now it surges on idle and still idles high. I suspected the reason it Boggs down when in traffic was from over fuelling so I rerouted the return fuel line yesterday and haven't had a chance to test it yet.

The only fault code is VSS, I have had an expensive interface made to convert the signal for the ecu but still no luck with that one either

I am in the process of converting it to LPG aswell so i am looking for someone who can give it a proper tune when I'm finished putting it together

Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Cheers
delcowizzid

Re: Hj ute with 5l v8 manual conversion

Post by delcowizzid »

i think ive told you this before on JC's or aussie v8 that trademe memcal will be most of your new issues.the stalling coming to lights is from no VSS signal it can be sort of fixed by adjusting the throttle screw so there is no idle control solinoid opening when warm.what part of NZ theres a few of us on here that can help if needed
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Idle high on factory memcal is likely to be an air leak, or failed and stuck open IAC.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Griffin
cars: Hj kingswood ute, 304 v8

Post by Griffin »

Cheers for the help, I am on the northshore,

I would prefer to solve the VSS problem properly, if there's someone who can modify a memcal it would be awesome.

Cheers
hot308vb
cars: Vt v6 Berlina daily driver
vs clubsport high comp solid cammed 355 brass buttoned t56 6 speed 4.11 diff

Post by hot308vb »

Griffin wrote:Cheers for the help, I am on the northshore,

I would prefer to solve the VSS problem properly, if there's someone who can modify a memcal it would be awesome.

Cheers
Hey griffin did you sort out your vss woes? If not I've got a custom short speedo cable to suit supra boxes to commodore speed sensor if you're interested.