Vs v6 ecotec not starting

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
lacham05

Re: Vs v6 ecotec not starting

Post by lacham05 »

Rang marks, The sim just needs key on power, earth and the signal wire to the pcm.

Haven't got an aldl cable but are they hard to make? And also where would I plug it into as I don't have a diagnostic port, just engine harness, pcm and simulator.

and the pcm is fine. I have a standard vs v6 as well and plugged it into that and it ran fine.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Check the wiring diagram for your pcm and find aldl data or serial data (terminology depends what diagram you have.) In its simplest form an Aldl circuit can be made with a usb to ttl serial interface and a diode and a resistor. The catch is the chip must be capable of 8192 baud which usually means ftdi brand and there are clones on ebay which dont work. If your keen to try search the subject and you will find. Alternatively there are pre-made ones with more filtering for reliability in the for sale area.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
lacham05

Post by lacham05 »

Failing getting it to go will a VP/VR harness and computer run the ecotec motor?

Just that the older setup is alot more basic, no vats, electronic auto box wiring

I realize that the older setup is batch injection, but if it's gonna make it way easier, will it work?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

sure does work, theres even a $12P ecotec map based tune in the custom tunes section.