VS V6 SC Mod Bin - Please take a look

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ev351

VS V6 SC Mod Bin - Please take a look

Post by ev351 »

Hi all,

I am still mucking around with the SC in the Sierra, I have installed the delphi 25168491 AFM as apparently I was running out of range with the stock MAF.

I have the following mods:

2.8" blower pulley
Extractors and open 2.5" exhaust
1.98 Rockers
Cooling mist water injection.

The Suzi has 3.6 diff ratio with 15" rims.

So far I am seeing 13.5 sec quarters which seems slow to me considering the weight of the car but im open to be corrected on that if someone knows better.

I would have thought it might get down into the high 12 secs?

I plugged in my innovate wideband afr and did a few full throttle pulls.

I was expecting the AFR to be all wrong due the new MAF which I have not corrected in the bin yet

The AFR seemed to me to be fine - I need advice here -

At light to medium throttle guage inicated around 14.3 or so -- hard to see accuately while driving .

Full throttle and AFR dipped to around 12 or so right through the rev range. I thought it should be all wrong. IF anyone can explain i would appreciate it.

I also took a log on tunerpro and the timing seems to be strange - it goes off the scale... Any comments or advice much appreciated. Please see the attached log file from tunerpro.

Ev.
Attachments
modbinfullthrottle.xdl
(81.14 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Holden202T

Re: VS V6 SC Mod Bin - Please take a look

Post by Holden202T »

that is the beauty of the MAF if the scalar tables are right for the maf in use then it should be pretty accurate till it maxes out!

I don't really know what the 2.8" pulley does compared to stock, but I know from personal experience that to do a 12.7 over the quarter you need 200hp at the wheels in a 1100kg car ..... and that is with a 4.11 diff ....

so if your car is heavier than that or your making less power than that your obviously going to go slower....

your fuelling sounds pretty right for what your doing so that's a good thing :)
ev351

Post by ev351 »

OK thanks for the info, The sierra only weighs 950kgs, the 2.8 pulley gives me an indicated 12psi of boost. Im not sure what the power output would be. The only thing that seems strange is the timing in my log file, it kind of jumps about like its going out of range or something....
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

What ADX are you using?

Spark off the scale may be it going negative, some ADX files are not set for signed spark advance.
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Im using the adx which comes with the enhanced mod bin. You are most likely right, that's probably it. Maybe too much knock.
The1

Post by The1 »

are you using the latest version, it was only updated not so long ago to fix this. It's not knock it's just the ADX file for tunerpro does not read the spark correctly below 0 degrees
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Oh, I better check if I am using the latest version.