VX intercooling and swap flash pcm with memcal pcm

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Pacer
cars: VX L67 manual getrag, cammed and running 14 psi
VZ LS2 Clubsport R8 unmodified!!!
The runt of the litter Jaguar XJS 5.3 v12

Re: VX intercooling and swap flash pcm with memcal pcm

Post by Pacer »

Damn that'd have some serious balls to it. What sort of fuel system is it setup with?

Like I said it won't be A2A, only using maces A2A sandwich plate so I can run a bigger W2A cooler in front of the engine. I haven't really got anything to loose at this stage tuning with MAF and seeing as not many people have tried the same setup I'll be a guinea pig for it, see if it's possible. Worst comes to worst I might have to go mafless like you suggest.

I'm pretty much the exact opposite, I wouldn't have the slightest clue when it comes to the old MAP systems. Is it difficult to rig up an 808 ECM to a l67 and do MAP based tuning?
I'd imagine it wouldn't work to well with the rest of the modules in the vx berlina.
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

Pacer wrote:Damn that'd have some serious balls to it. What sort of fuel system is it setup with?

Like I said it won't be A2A, only using maces A2A sandwich plate so I can run a bigger W2A cooler in front of the engine. I haven't really got anything to loose at this stage tuning with MAF and seeing as not many people have tried the same setup I'll be a guinea pig for it, see if it's possible. Worst comes to worst I might have to go mafless like you suggest.

I'm pretty much the exact opposite, I wouldn't have the slightest clue when it comes to the old MAP systems. Is it difficult to rig up an 808 ECM to a l67 and do MAP based tuning?
I'd imagine it wouldn't work to well with the rest of the modules in the vx berlina.

I''ve done the A2A plate into frozen boost twin heat exchangers. Made 230rwkw on the stock cam and intake temps don't head above 45deg c really.

It's a head ache of a system to run for a daily and with an M90 I'd say total overkill and not really warranted unless you're going M112/ TVS/ Whipple etc etc. But it's a bi of fun if you like head aches.

MAF will be fail, sorry but drivability is hard with that set up as it has large system volume even though pipe work is about as short as it gets.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

A free MAFless option with an auto trans (if yours is?) is now 11P if you end up wanting to go that route .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3798

Other than not supporting VT style VATS, it works with a VT-VY BCM and you should keep most of the dash working still.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

With it not supporting VT style VATS does that just need a starter motor re-wire to bypass bcm?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

No the BCM still handles that, it just wont talk to the PCM to enable the injectors after a valid key is found - but flip the disable VATS flag on and away you go.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Ahh cool, easy as & considering it's a getrag behind it will be easy as! Can't imagine that box will handle too much power though!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Ahh cool, easy as & considering it's a getrag behind it will be easy as! Can't imagine that box will handle too much power though!
Yeah I heard they are weaker than the T5, not sure if that true though?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I know my old W2A VX L67 didn't like it when I gave it a hard time & had 220rwKw on my dyno, sold it 4 years ago & know the next 2 owners & heard it just crapped itself when I had it rebuilt just before I sold it!

So yeah I'd go T5 or even better T56!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

for easiest plug and play, v6 T5 with pfitzner gear set. but its probably more expensive than a T56 but then again you dont need conversion parts like you would on T56 conversion so the price should be similar.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Pacer
cars: VX L67 manual getrag, cammed and running 14 psi
VZ LS2 Clubsport R8 unmodified!!!
The runt of the litter Jaguar XJS 5.3 v12

Post by Pacer »

I'd prefer to go overkill because I don't want to setup a basic cooler then have to spend again for a beefer setup and I know down the track I'll upgrade the charger when circumstances allow but for now the m90 stays.

What's the difference between the 12P and the new 11P programing? Does it still need to run on a modified 808 ?
Like I said I have no idea when it comes to the older ECMs.

Yeah my box has already seen better days. A local bloke sold me the conversion 'great condition', put it in and rattled a bit, pull it down and found the case hardening stripped off the front of output mainshaft so the needle bearing was always rumbling along it :rant: It's all good though because I have a T56 sitting out back ready for a rainy day, just need to get a bellhousing machined up