VT Series 1 BCM issue

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
johnnyboy1986

Re: VT Series 1 BCM issue

Post by johnnyboy1986 »

Thanks for the help guys. I'll record a log next week and post it up, just have it apart at the moment putting the new dizzy in.

Cheers
John
Helical
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)

Post by Helical »

Jayme wrote:is it a real 195i engine? I was doing some research into the 220i recently and found the 195i and 220i HSV engines run a larger MAF (same part number as ls1) ...
Sorry for the thread hijack.

Out of curiosity, where did you find that out? Not saying it's wrong but it doesn't match my experience. I bought a VT S1 roller along with the airbox/MAF, plus I have a VS S3 Maloo with 195i (correct engine prefix) and I have an LS1 MAF laying around from my brother's stato. The VT roller and 195i both have the same size MAF which is smaller than the LS1. The grommet/pipe from the airbox on the VS physically won't fit over the LS1 MAF. The VT S1 airbox is the same as the LS1 afaik, the grommet on that might fit the LS1 MAF but then that was only the 179 engine/tune.

I've not had any experience with the 220i but I could see the larger MAF being better suited, but the standard HSV airbox throat would be smaller than the MAF.

I'm planning on modifying a banana manifold to go direct OTR with an LS1 MAF, so if they were tuned to suit the bigger MAF would be handy.

Troy
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

as I corrected in my last post on page 1.... I must have read the holden part list wrong, as the MAF tables in the 195 tune are the same as the stock tune. the 220 MAF tables are definitely different and set for a larger MAF. perhaps they have a larger airbox too? not sure, I have never seen a 220i either.
Helical
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)

Post by Helical »

Ah, I missed that paragraph under the photo, my bad. Cheers.
johnnyboy1986

Post by johnnyboy1986 »

G'day guys,

I have a log of trying to start the car, holding in the cranking position for a few seconds with nothing happening. When I release and hit it again it winds over. I'm not sure if it will show anything? It only seems to happen after the car has been sitting for half an hour, once the car starts it doesn't usually do it again until its left sitting again. Seems like power needs to drain away from somewhere while it sits to get the problem to happen.
dtc 31.xdl
(6.03 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
have also recorded a log driving with the new dizzy, it's still running gutless down low...for example when you change into second it really bogs down/lags until it gets up over about 3000rpm
NEW DIZZY.xdl
(173.42 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Do you think a dodgy ignition module could be causing both problems?

Cheers
John
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

I think CFZC was recalled for your problem with hot restart, CNPH fixes it. Jayme ID'd the bin here ... http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... 809#p46978