VT HSV memcal not in file

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag

VT HSV memcal not in file

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Attached is a read I got off a VT HSV manual today that wasn't in memcal ID tool & the xdf had the offset wrong for open loop afr table & I added a few extra things, unless theres another newer $A6E file around?

Also I know it's fairly common to change the crank pulse by the same amount the injector rate is changed by but once the injector rate is changed wont that ultimately change ALL the fuel modifiers & nothing else really needs to be touched?

Another thing & this is probably just me being STUPID but the kinjflow sheet doesn't have an output for the factory injector rate is there an easy way around that?
Attachments
CNPH3172.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
VT V8 V1.3 A6E(fix open loop AFR & add flags & crank pulse).xdf
(183.83 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: VT HSV memcal not in file

Post by immortality »

Changing the injector rate would change all the other fuel modifiers except the BPW for cranking as this does not use the injector flow rate but simply opens the injectors for a specific amount of time dependant on cranking speed/time as per the relevant table (as I understand it).

If an injector worked in a truly linear fashion from 0 to 100% PW than changing the flow rate would be all that should be changed, however injectors don't flow in a linear fashion so AFR's would need to be checked, more so in the low PW areas where the injector dead time has a much greater influence (again, as I understand it). The other thing would be to get your injectors tested by The1 and use his test data as this seems to improve how the injectors perform in relation to the tune as you have the most accurate data.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thats interesting & thank you for that info immortality about the BPW!

Yeah I know all about making sure the injectors are scaled correctly & really do need The1 to test any injectors fitted for best tuning settings. These injectors were fitted by the customer & didn't even come with ANY data sheets, whats even more worrying is they don't have any numbers on the side of them! They look like Bosch & are black but without the numbers who knows what they are flowing when the guy bought them he said they came in a NEW box for each & are said to be 650cc @60psi!

Why test them at 60psi I'm assuming this is to get a higher cc figure, but then when I converted to stock 3bar pressure they only rate around 48 compared to stock injectors of 20 so I changed the injector rate from stock 365 to 156 which should be roughly the difference but they were still too rich, so I went to 120 & still too rich & going to have to try less again & then bump the crank bpw.

It just looks like there's more & more of these inferior injectors kicking around!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Seeing this bin didn't suit realtime NVram which I needed attached is a realtime version for anyone to use!
Attachments
CNPH_modV2.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

So this particular car has a turbo with cooler & the guy has taken the PCV off & just used both the elbows from the rocker cover to go straight to a catch can, but I believe it has to have the PCV to actually create a vacuum to suck it back in the catch can as it's now leaking oil out of the rocker cover's pretty bad just on idle!
But obviously you can't hook the PCV up to the normal spot on the throttle body seeing that will now see boost from the cooler so where is the best spot to get vacuum at idle & non boost under load, can only really assume the front of the turbo where the pod will go but just not sure it will see the vacuum at idle there either?

For reference's sake with these non marked 650cc @60psi black injectors the base injector rate needs to be at 105, so thats 365 (old stock inj rate) /3.45 so if I do the same to the entire crank pulse table that should sort out most of the start & run fueling & then just need to tune the injector multiplier table for all the other non linear areas... in theory?!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well in my 202's case I have no PCV at all, only 2 dash 12 fittings on the tappet cover to the catch can, it does breathe pretty heavy under full boost (seen on the dyno etc) but I have never had a seal leak from it.

my brothers V6 turbo is similar, the PCV location on it in the valley goes to a catch can and the pcv inside the manifold is blocked off, so far no issues with that.

which makes me wonder if your car in question either has old seals on the tappet covers or just too much pressure for the size of the holes to expel!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks Holden202T, it may just be old rocker cover gaskets as the breather hoses off the elbows of rocker cover to catch can are somewhere near 13mm ID.

It just has me a bit worried as the brass hose barbs on the top of the catch can which are both around 8mm have signs of oil in them!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you will always get that though, as the motor works, there will always be microscopic oil vapours go through the hose into the can, and then it settles in the bottom of the can, that's the whole idea of the oil catch can.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

LMAO no there's 2 brass barbs at the top of the catch can with nothing connected to them & they have oil spits on them!

There's 2 bigger barbs the actual breather hoses are going to lower in the catch can!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Seeing there is only a $A6C as enhanced & Auto, here is a $A6E 0.80 copy enhance code change with XDF to suit MAF only at this stage which I can update more later if the code change checks out.

There is only 1 section of the code that I need to people that know coding to check in $A6C it was 4D44 @ $7229 & in $A6E it was 4D46 so I added the extra 2 decimal figures to the code change which in $A6E is actually at $7235.

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
Attachments
VT_V8_$A6E_CNPH3172(0.80_Enhanced).bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
VT V8 V1.3 A6E(0.80_ENHANCED).xdf
(190.82 KiB) Downloaded 223 times