Adding an A2A Intercooler to L67

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ev351

Re: Adding an A2A Intercooler to L67

Post by ev351 »

I know that, but it means that I wont be able to mess about with things anyomore as it will be locked up to the tuner who does it and then the ECU will become a bit like a 'black box' ie thigns go in and out from it but know one knows what happens inside. Im in no way saying that Kalmaker does not do a good job. Correct me if im wrong?

Ev.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

I don't know any Sydney Kalmaker tuners who lock there tunes. Every tune I have seen over the last twenty years has been viewable. There is enough info on this forum to make an ADX to work out " what happens inside"
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

kojab wrote:I don't know any Sydney Kalmaker tuners who lock there tunes. Every tune I have seen over the last twenty years has been viewable. There is enough info on this forum to make an ADX to work out " what happens inside"
Locking tunes is a sign of a crappy job if you ask me. HPF here in Melbourne lock all theirs but no one else really bothers
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Oh really? That's encouraging then, I was under the impression after speaking to people that this was not the case. Because I would really like to have the final product professionally tuned, but I don't think that I have the ability to achieve that, especially without a dyno. Its a little disheartening to think that I need to get someone else to do this as I have done the rest of the mechanical / electrical / electronics myself .... Im sure everyone understands how you grow attached to these things. I remember the first time I came across this site, and how exciting it was to hear the thing fire up with VATS disabled thanks to the help of this site. Then to get to this stage and not be able to tinker anymore, that would be kinda sad.

Anyway, I so cant wait to get the time to get this thing running and tuned. Thanks for all the input so far!
Ev.
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Hi all, so im still in the process of getting the zuki ready for a tune. I have had a possibly silly idea. Please comment:

Currently the engine and gearbox is being run by a VS ecu, with a MAF sensor. What would be the problem with using a VR ecu which would already be set up to work with a MAP and still control the transmission? I know that it only has one O2 sensor, but is that so bad?

All comments appreciated!

Ev.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yep :) you can use VL400's $11P code on a VR auto pcm. has auto control, and support for 2 and 3 bar map sensors.
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Yes that's what I thought. Hmm. do you know if it is a straight plug in? I imagine that it must be close.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

nooooooooo not even close.... lots of repinning required and new ecu plugs. easier to install VR loom.
ev351

Post by ev351 »

OH darn! Still, changing the loom is not so bad I guess. Theres just no easy solution for this.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I've replaced an ecotec loom to run map based, theres not that much that needs to be changed, I assume the L67 is not much different.