Brand new "bricked" VZ V6 ECM's????

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Gareth

Re: Brand new "bricked" VZ V6 ECM's????

Post by Gareth »

I know its out of the car, but didnt think that would be an issue.
Ha. neither did I :comp:

A reason that I have seen but not looked into is an ECU becoming sensitive to corruption from another module? (eg: VT IPC to ABS lights on fault)
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
edurambaldi
cars: 2005 Holden Commodore VZ 3.6 190KW

Post by edurambaldi »

Where are the injector drivers on this circuit?
Thanks
The1

Post by The1 »

Biggvl wrote:Sorry tazzi, after VX L67 getrag showed me that hp tuners gets the job done, I've done no more about it as I have hp...

I think in the future I'll go for drewtech for the work shop updates for newer cars, seem to be a more professional setup, I wish there was a better way...

Also, I've never had the thermometer out but I've removed plenty of VZ ecu's that are too hot to handle!!! I believe that mounting of ecu's to any engine is a shit idea not matter how well sealed/ip rated/heat proof the engineers make them, no electrical board can possibily last that many heat cycles and not begin to faulter. Id love to hear a good reason why they did it...

On the other hand if holden didn't engine mount rodeo, astra and commodore ecu's, then Id probably be out of a job :D
Yeh same as fords, a lot of makes these days mount them in the engine bay, that few extra meters of wiring back to the kick panel adds up and the ecu's are generally good enough to last the warranty so why bother wasting money now days it will be the customers problem later.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah like mine just out of warranty corrosion in the pcm plug :|
The1

Post by The1 »

ouch, did it cleanup or new pcm time?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

this was the cruze pcm I posted about replacing, when I removed the pcm connector it took too pins with it so I had to get a new PCM.