VX Super6 NVRAM Problems

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Pacer
cars: VX L67 manual getrag, cammed and running 14 psi
VZ LS2 Clubsport R8 unmodified!!!
The runt of the litter Jaguar XJS 5.3 v12

VX Super6 NVRAM Problems

Post by Pacer »

So I'm having a pretty decent problem with my NVRAM, probably because I goof balled something. It's for a vx super6 with The1's extended bin, just got it today.

Currently I'm unable to connect to my NVRAM through either TP with the OSEplugin or the Flashtool. High speed fan runs with ignition on and low speed fan runs with ignition off.

So what lead to this was I took out my flash PCM, fitted my adaptor harness and super 6 PCM, fitted the NVRAM without RW jumper, crank it with a few burps, yep VATS needs to be turned off, get bin from the NVRAM using flashtool, change some flags for manual, VATS and data for my cam, write cal using flashtool (chose VT SC in vehicle and USB ALDL), attempts to write and fails, try again and same deal, try with RW jumper attached and same again, initialize emulation hardware in TP and connects, attempt to upload bin and fails around the end of the write, try again and fails immediately, check OSEplugin settings and they're good.

This is where the fan starts to do weird things.

Put the factory memcal back in to check if it was my PCM or adaptor harness and it fired straight up with no issues, other than auto trans codes.

I had looked all through the forum for any "how to's" for reading writing NVRAM and setting it up in a vx but couldn't find much, still had some idea but obviously not enough. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Attachments
nvram not working..rtf
(4.39 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
v8-tuning
cars: 304 commodore

Re: VX Super6 NVRAM Problems

Post by v8-tuning »

Vt up need to disable bcm chatter for it to work.
Latest plug in should work without wiring in a switch.
Had the same issue once.
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... 200#p35338
Pacer

Post by Pacer »

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but I already had the latest OSEplugin and flashtool so I'm not sure what's going on. Had vx selected in the plugin with the right com port and cable echo ticked.

That may be the reason why flashtool isn't woking for me though. I'll try disabling bcm chatter by disconnecting the wire on the bcm and try connecting with the flashtool
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The fans coming on is suspicious, as is that you could connect before you did the upload. Can you post up the file you uploaded to the nvram? Its possible that its stopped the pcm booting.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Pacer

Post by Pacer »

Yep could connect through both TP and flashtool before the upload and then after uploading in TP neither will pick it up.

Excuse the sloppy injector multiplier :roll: wanted it beefed up so it didn't lean out before even having a chance to check AF's
Attachments
sc v6 extended bin nvram mod.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

certainly smells like a corrupted upload to me!
Pacer

Post by Pacer »

Yeah seems like it may have been. I wonder if it happened when I wrote cal using the flashtool because the vx bus chatter may have interrupted the write and only done a partial.

I'm guessing I'd need a burner or something to rewrite the nvram and get it working again?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah either buy a burner or send the nvram to some one who has one.... I recommend the GQ-4X.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah. I can help you out if need be but getting your own gq4x is recommended as its a very handy tool to have around when your doing this kind of stuff.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

1+
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.