first tune The 1's enhanced help

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
l67 vy

first tune The 1's enhanced help

Post by l67 vy »

Hi guys first post and first tune, i would like to thank all the people where who share there knowledge free of charge.

Now a little about the car. i have a vy ecotec which ive done the l67 top swap to. I will be using the wh l67 computer rather then the flash vy computer for ease of tuning. along with Antus nvram and the1's enhanced tune for vt l67 to start off.
Mods are
ported heads
ported lim
ported sc
1.9 ratio rockers
10psi pulley
70ml tb
105lb valve springs
corvette servo and boost valve

now ive read all the beginner guides that i can find and cant find the VE table in the1's tuning so i can tune fuel. Would i use the afr vs mgc vs rpm section? if not which section would i use to tune the fuel.

as a beginner im only going to play with fuel/spark for the mean time. will this be ok/safe?
if not what else would i need to change to safely run these mods?

Thanks
l67 vy

Re: first tune The 1's enhanced help

Post by l67 vy »

Ok after some more research i believe these dont use the VE method but use afr is this correct?
I would also be interested in learning more about how to set the scalars for low octane as i live in the sticks and will require this occasionally.
The1

Post by The1 »

it's a MAF based system not MAP, so it's a injector multiplier table not VE for fuel tuning.

It should be find to drive around, though obviously need a tune.

For best results use a wideband meter to accurately see the fuel ratios, watch knock retard while spark tuning. To get the best out of spark tune each cell on a dyno for best torque.
l67 vy

Post by l67 vy »

thank you. i will read the injector multiplier table and try work this out. as for the low oc feature does this tune automatically switch to this table under certain knock conditions?
The1

Post by The1 »

The spark tables High/Low switch depending on the settings used with "Adaptive Spark" settings. But yes based on knock feedback as to if it takes time out back to the low table and what rate etc.
l67 vy

Post by l67 vy »

so would i be using the injector rate table or the power enrichment table?
The1

Post by The1 »

the power enrichment tables are your targets, if you dont have it all setup properly then you can forget using the history tables and data. Do you have a wideband? if so your feeding it's 0-5volt into a pin?

Have you read the guides in the FAQ button at the top of the page near Logout?
l67 vy

Post by l67 vy »

no i have not. but i will now. and no i only have stock o2 sensors
l67 vy

Post by l67 vy »

so what im gathering is i shouldnt have to change my fuel ratios much from stock. so should i just stick to spark timing for the time being? to remove knock
l67 vy

Post by l67 vy »

one more thing. if i dont have the duel speed fuel pump what would i change the supercharge duel speed logic code to?