first tune The 1's enhanced help

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
The1

Re: first tune The 1's enhanced help

Post by The1 »

wideband will obviously get you better gains, 10psi will run leaner on stock tune.

Nothing to change with regards to the fuel pump.
l67 vy

Post by l67 vy »

I have today just received my nvram but i which brings me to further questions.

1st i have installed a airtemp sensor in the intake manifold and i would like to know what is the best way to go about tuning the inlet manifold temp rather then the ambient temp. would this be a better method of tuning?

2nd im intalling a water injection kit and have seen it is possible to use the tune to switch it on in 12p but is it possible using the1s vt enhanced? and if so how would i go about it?
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

With the iat referencing expected temps from the air box it starts to pull timing arounf 50 or 60 degrees from memory. An un cooled L67 will probably sit on 70degrees at idle if not more.

I usually zero spark compensation up to 90deg with the iat sensor in the LIM as a MAT and monitor how happy the engine is from there to decide how far to keep zeroing it out or pull it back lower if needed. Pretty tuff engine really so it's more for you to see how your combo is reacting and you shouldn't even need spark reduction if the fuelling is right
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

You will also need to zero out most of the boost solenoid table as it will start to reduce boost above 60° C as well unless of course you have removed the bypass valve altogether.

I agree with the above. Work out what the normal operating temps are and then only set the table to take out timing above this.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

l67 vy wrote:2nd im intalling a water injection kit and have seen it is possible to use the tune to switch it on in 12p but is it possible using the1s vt enhanced? and if so how would i go about it?
I don't believe there is anything for this unfortunately.