VP Aftermarket Memcal Help

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: VP Aftermarket Memcal Help

Post by antus »

Winols isnt magic, its a tool and it can find other brand table header data automatically, eg bosch format tables. The delco tables dont have a standard header so you need to 'see the matrix' by eye, chunks of similar 8bit data, and use a tool like tuner pros table finder to set the expected start address, brute force x and y resolution, then know what shape the main tables normally look like to take an educated guess of what your looking at. You can also disassemble the bin and recognise the code accessing the table, but you need to really know your hc11 assembler for that.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VP Aftermarket Memcal Help

Post by Dylan »

Thanks Antus, certanly not for an amateur.
I was just interested to find few more bits in this tune. Although i have got it now running on 12P a lot better than this tune did.
I am waiting my wide band tail pipe bracket to arrive and yet to order the new injectors before i go any further.
I have an idea the low battery voltage idle might of been set low the same as the normal idle value.
And wanted to see what faults were flagged. More curious than anything as i have it on 12P now better than ever.