VP Aftermarket Memcal Help

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VP Aftermarket Memcal Help

Post by Dylan »

For an amateur like me, could i get an existing xdf say 12P, change the existing tables to the the above addres to get the info from this bin?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yeah you can, but use a 5D XDF. The table sizes look more like 5D size than 12.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Cool thanks boys.
Any other tables you can see in their?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

VL400 wrote:Target AFR table = 0x33B
Spark = 0x6C
VE = 0x19B
I modidfied a 5D XDF today and got those values. Lots of room for improvment! Boring spark and lean AFR's!
I havnt checked the VE against any factory BIN's but top end looks to drop off so not sure if thats factory or not.

I put it all into a 12P file now to ge the wideband on it.
Thanks for youre help.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

to do a 12P version of this tune you really need to know the injector rate too....

looking at this tune, its definitely less butchered than some of the V6 sprint car tunes I've seen!

definitely a tuner that doesn't know the right way to modify it though .... theres a lot more spark to be had for best results, especially low in the revs, and the 100kpa open loop AFR table leaves a lot to be desired :P

honestly I would start with the $12P methanol tune I gave you, set it up for the injectors your using and spend some time on the dyno!

if nothing else get a test day and log it with a data logger/laptop and a wideband in the exhaust!
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I do understand where youre coming from the guys arent keen on dyno (ive never tuned on one either)
But i hope to get the wideband for a play in the shed at least. They are running stock injectors with the deflector plate removed.
But i am talking them into some of the Siemens 80's (or 60's you used??) to go on it.

I should try and find the injector rate in that BIN, i did read a reply from Kojab but i could of read it wrong he said no injector BPW adjustment.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Injector rate is at 0x146, and is 0.1209.

The code looks to use it from the quick hex look I had.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

not sure if kojab is talking about injector rate or cranking pulse adjustment ....

yeah go with the 60's if anything, the 80's are way over kill for the application ... you need roughly 2.3 times more fuel than petrol round to 2.5 for safety so 19lb x 2.5 = 47.5lb ....

so a 60 is really too big, but then you've got enough capacity for slight increase in comp (I believe they are allowed 10.5:1 comp) and the free flowing exhausts and such so its pretty close, but definitely on the right side down low in the revs!
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

From memory the 12P APNX is 0.1299 i cant remeber what VN ran. They have VR injectors anyway, or whats left of them.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

VL400 wrote:Target AFR table = 0x33B
Spark = 0x6C
VE = 0x19B
I had a play around and a quick Google on getting tables from the hex dump (hope thats the right term)
Is there some software anyone can recomend for a complete binary amateur?
I ran this bn and others through winols it seemed easy to use but it picked out no tables for me.