water injection wiring theory

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: water injection wiring theory

Post by Charlescrown »

The reed switch is ok but I am going to set one up on my race car with the pressure switch so when it hits abt 10lb boost it starts injecting a dose to reduce detonation.
brindo

Post by brindo »

Just a suggestion.
A reasonable alternative to the normal water injection kit nozzles is to use the micro misting nozzles that are used in out door area cooling systems. They are a lot cheaper and are available in a many different flow rates and sizes, with a lot finer spray or mist than the nozzles that come in the water injection kits. I am pretty sure they can be bought with 1/8" bsp or npt threads and go down as low as a 0.003" nozzle.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

You won't need much. A 60 thou jet with 40 PSI is plenty for a V8. Too much will obviously cause problems with over rich (if you run 50/50 meth) and possibly slow combustion which is what the water does. If you adjust your fuel mixtures to accommodate disaster may occur if you run out under full load.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Most v6 kits come with an M15 size nozzle and run over 100psi it's quite a lot of flow lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

brindo wrote:Just a suggestion.
A reasonable alternative to the normal water injection kit nozzles is to use the micro misting nozzles that are used in out door area cooling systems. They are a lot cheaper and are available in a many different flow rates and sizes, with a lot finer spray or mist than the nozzles that come in the water injection kits. I am pretty sure they can be bought with 1/8" bsp or npt threads and go down as low as a 0.003" nozzle.
Do you know any website that sell the outdoor nozzles?
brindo

Post by brindo »

I haven't set my system up yet and am away from home for work so sorry don't have all the details you need. But I am prettying sure I bought Bete nozzles from Spray Nozzle Engineering.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Whatever you use you need to make sure they won't come apart. It's amazing what sound waves can do to things.