L67 tune needed???

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
L67 siggy
cars: Xy falcon and a l67 powered sigma wagon

L67 tune needed???

Post by L67 siggy »

Hey guys extremely new to this ecu/forum stuff and looking for some advice or a point in the right direction. Iv just done a L67 t5 conversion into an old galant. Im running a ecotec ecu with a cheap ebay special memcal just to get it running ,but having a bit of a read it looks like they are more harmful then good. Its just a stock L67 with extractors and looking to put the 10lb pully on. What tune do i need if any?
Thanks in advance
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: L67 tune needed???

Post by immortality »

A stock tune would be fine other than it needs to be converted to suit a manual (there was never a manual L67 from the factory) and you would need a manual PCM (ecu) with no VATS as you won't have the BCM.

Who did you get the tune from on ebay?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

nah you dont need a manual pcm ..... can use the auto one and untick the VATS and tick the manual flag.... wire speedo directly to the dash. ive run 2x L67 manuals that way with auto pcm and no speed input to it. they are fine :)

that being said.... you havent said if its auto or manual. if its auto then all good. just untick VATS and use a stock tune for now.
The1

Post by The1 »

if it's a VS you'l need a manual pcm, autos wont read T5 speed sensor
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The1 wrote:if it's a VS you'l need a manual pcm, autos wont read T5 speed sensor
This! or you can use festy's VSS convertor with auto PCM and T5 hall sensor. :thumbup:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
L67 siggy

Post by L67 siggy »

im not too fussed over the speedo as im running cable. I bought the memcal off txr100 or something like that not 100% sure.
The ecu has had the bcm turned off or taken out( i have no idea how its done but i bought it like that haha) i got the memcal just to make sure it didnt lean out and get it running now its done im looking to get a tune and if i do is it worth doing it ? Thanks again guys
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

TRX100 is well known here...... I wouldnt run his memcal in my paddock basher.... a stock one will be way safer...
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2711

I would say yes definitely get a tune, preferably someone nearby to you that can do you a realtime tune. if no one is close there are a few on this forum who tune l67s a lot who should be able to sort you out a good mail order tune.
L67 siggy

Post by L67 siggy »

Hahaha just what i wanted to hear haha well iv just moved to S.E qld so i dont know of anyone. But ill have a look around thanks heaps again .
L67 siggy

Post by L67 siggy »

Another question how much should i expect to pay for a tune? And what gains could i see?