VZ V6 E55 bench reflashing - damaged ECU

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Jayme

Re: VZ V6 E55 bench reflashing - damaged ECU

Post by Jayme »

possibly having an extra cable in there double jumpering with an elm to do a sniff of the write procedure could have caused corruption of some of the data it was flashing in ? assuming thats what you were doing? elms dont exactly follow the CAN specification to the letter :P
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: VZ V6 E55 bench reflashing - damaged ECU

Post by Tazzi »

Actually not quite! I didnt do that on the first time round. I took every precaution to avoid breaking the bugger since I new I was flashing something in that I wasnt really meant to haha.

Still didnt monitor on the second time round, trying to flash back the original after it failed. I chucked on the ELM to see why it was hanging up on the 3rd of 4th attempt and the ecu was responding with a negative answer upon writing, rejecting the section being written.

Maybe I can turn it upside down and make it as a fancy beer coaster? haha.

Funny enough, its more the opposite. The ELM does follow the standardized CAN protocol.. but requires all error detection and CAN checks turned off to prevent any crappy "ERROR", or "BUS ERROR" messages from occuring.. as GM (no surprise) doesnt follow the protocol to the letter somehow.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726