vn 5.0 harrop dual plane map

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: vn 5.0 harrop dual plane map

Post by Dylan »

Whats the vaccum reading at idle?
wagond
cars: vn 5.0 5spd wagon
56 Bedford bus,hot as hell 202 powered!
pajero sh**ter!

Post by wagond »

Dylan wrote:Whats the vaccum reading at idle?
1.5 volts at the signal (middle)wire at about 900 rpm..raised to 3 volt as I revved it,using my elbow on the bugcatcher lol and both hands holding the voltmeter wires!4,99 volts with engine off on either signal or reference (outer) wire.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Sorry, i thought you haf real time connection since you had NVRAM.
wagond
pajero sh**ter!

Post by wagond »

Dylan wrote:Sorry, i thought you haf real time connection since you had NVRAM.
have got it but not running yet,having a computer problem!laptop crashes when I try open tunerpro!missing my holley at the moment!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

sounds like you need to do a little more searching for questions than answers & it may help, or can ask a few more questions here & let everyone know what PC system your running & the faults your having & the tunerpro version & guessing there is a fix amongst us!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

What type of cable? If its got a cloned ftdi chip in it then it'll freeze with the modern drivers. To test pull the interface out and and it'll return without a reboot. If that is the case I recommend throwing the interface in the bin. There are driver work arounds but its a pain in the ass forcing windows to use and stay on old drivers and introduces more problems than its worth.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
wagond
pajero sh**ter!

Post by wagond »

antus wrote:What type of cable? If its got a cloned ftdi chip in it then it'll freeze with the modern drivers. To test pull the interface out and and it'll return without a reboot. If that is the case I recommend throwing the interface in the bin. There are driver work arounds but its a pain in the ass forcing windows to use and stay on old drivers and introduces more problems than its worth.
got the nvram and comms board from vl 400,no ebay ripoffs lol!na its my laptop,when I download tunerpro rt It either wont open at all or the computer goes bluescreen and crash dumps.hp pavilion g series ,windows 7,heaps of memory on it cos I actually use it for very little but buying car bits hahaha!found the source of the miss,lifters are had it on cylinder 2 intake and cylinder 6 exhaust.rockers are moving bugger all whith engine running compared to the others.might be time for that 284 solid.....
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Go the 288 solid i have a tune in the custom tune thread.
Drives smooth as no plug fouling.

If i done ut again id go a crow cam mates have had some very good results.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Wiped cam lobes aye.they are picky you can't wind them over or start and idle must fire straight up and upto 2000+ rpm instantly or byby cam lobes.don't even let it idle under 1000rpm for the first 1000km and avoid long periods of idle altogether. Our local kelfords blow crow cams off the shelf grinds out the park get something custom to suit the setup.they just specced a new custom 257@0.050" can for a 355 chev we doing massive cam for a weekender gonna be sick
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Hmm yeah sorry no advise for the laptop then. Could be many things. If you have the option to back up your data and install fresh copy of win7, then as long as there is no hardware problem thats your best chance to fix any and all problems in one hit. But there are so many variables, I cant guarantee it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396