L67 Air Temp Sensor Relocation

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ev351

L67 Air Temp Sensor Relocation

Post by ev351 »

Hi all,

I am in the process of getting the L67 ready for a mafless tune. Pics of the car are in another thread on here somewhere, but the basic specs are L67 , A2A intercooler, 60mm pulley, 1.9 rockers, water injection.

I have been advised to relocate the Air Temp sensor to after the the intercooler, which makes perfect sense. I was told look at the pic on l67 torque forum to see the location.

Heres the issue, I did not do my research and when everything was pulled apart I failed to realise that I would need to be drilling and tapping the front of the LIM to take the IAT sensor.

This is probably going to open a can of worms, but I am looking opinions on the pros / cons of mounting the IAT sensor at the rear of the intercooler adapter plate where the cooled air returns to the manifold as I can easily drill and tap with minimum disassembly.

Will putting the sensor here cause tuning issues or should I be putting it at the front of the LIM as I have seen other do?

thanks in advance.

Evan.
ejukated

Re: L67 Air Temp Sensor Relocation

Post by ejukated »

I've run it there on a few cars with no issues. Make sure it's placed in te airflow path and close to the LIM inlet
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Ok, thanks for that. ill consider any other replies also, but im hoping that you are in the majority. as id really like to not have to pull everything apart.
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

I've welded plenty to the return intake pipe immediately before it meets the A2A plate elbow. No problems
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Allright great. Ill get onto it in the morning. Thanks.