VP Thermo Fan Temps

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Holden202T

Re: VP Thermo Fan Temps

Post by Holden202T »

the issue with the V8's is that they relied on the engine fan, so if you are going to use the thermo fan as the primary source of cooling then you need to set it to a more suitable number.
SpecialFX
cars: FX Holden

Post by SpecialFX »

Thanks for your replies guys, I have the info I need to explore the next part of the puzzle, changing the temp values in the calibration.....

I have been digging through the getting started guides to determine the best way forward, I might have to look for another memcal with knock board and start playing with the eeprom boards if they are still available??

Rohan
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

just about everything you need will be available and / or listed in the for sale section.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

EEPROM's are great and cheap. Go big I say. USB comms 12P and NVRAM.
There's hour's of reading for you.
SL/EEPER
cars: VH SL/E 355i
09' dual cab hilux

Post by SL/EEPER »

sorry to hijack but how do i turn on the fan(v8) and change the temps in 12p using tunerpro RT? im only just starting out and want the ECU to switch the thermos on/off .. ecu is a 808 usb coms nvram
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

wire 12v to the fan relay coil and the ground side to the fan pin on the delco.

load the 12p xdf, and the appropriate 12p bin for your car, hit ctrl+f for find, pick 'a scalar', words 'fan', hit search. Pick 'Fan Params - High Speed fan ON coolant threshold (5degC hysteris), change. To do realtime changes, see the guides in the FAQ (top right).

5 degrees hysteris means that it'll go off 5 degrees below the on temp. This is not configurable. So if you change ON to, say, 95 degrees, it'll go off at 90.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
SL/EEPER
cars: VH SL/E 355i
09' dual cab hilux

Post by SL/EEPER »

thanks antus
SpecialFX
cars: FX Holden

Post by SpecialFX »

Hi Guys,

Quick update, thanks to Jayme I managed to get a USB Comms kit and NVRAM board and figured out how to change the fan temps as Antus mentioned above, all good and a great solution some talented guys here have put together :thumbup:

Off to learn more about TP now and see what else I can play with and hopefully not break :D

Rohan