default values? s/c V6

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Skullator
cars: HJ Holden with supercharged v6

Re: default values? s/c V6

Post by Skullator »

HJdash.JPG
will check it had new o2 sensors and has done it from the first start.
might try new o rings on the injectors just for the hell of it the engine only had 125000 ks on it when i bought it
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

You really need to bring up the O2 sensors on the trace monitors as we need to see if they are swinging from rich to lean.

Showing a lot of knock active loops there, lots of spark retard. Something definitely not right with that.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

post up your XDL for us to go through.... those BLM's are way low... your o2 sensors are possibly stuffed
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

or it is in fact lean and that wont be helping anything either!
Skullator

Post by Skullator »

Ok Gurus here is the list if you can answer them i would be great.
1...to log in with tunerprort i have to go to preferences select use plugin and change it to Autoprom/MAFpro ,connect and then change back to use plugin. Is this normal?

2...the knock active loops are on 78 from the moment you connect even if the engine isnt running

3...the adaptive spark retard is on 12.3 even if the engine isnt running (key on engine off)

4...i have a VY commodore and i am buggered if i can get it to connect and read, all the ranges seem to bounce around. (using what i believe to be correct bin adx and xdf for the vy)

is there some where the default values are listed for all the settings,that way i can go through and see how far out each reading is?
appreciate your help

so far today i have inspected all the injectors and flow tested them for ten seconds they all produced the same amount,
1 of the coils was at 7.5k ohms instead of 5.5k so i replaced it with second hand coil for no change.

I will post a screenshot tomorrow of o2 sensors the fumes near bloody killed me today.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

If it's eye burning nose stinging fumes that usually means very lean.
immortality

Post by immortality »

You should only need to initialise and test the com port once going through the preference settings as per this guide TunerPro RT Datalogging & OSEplugin Guide.pdf

Which XDF and ADX are you using?

Can you also confirm the PCM and bin been used.
Skullator

Post by Skullator »

VX_V6_SC_$A5K_Enhanced_v1.2.xdf
VX_V6_SC_$A5K_Enhanced_v1.2.bin
VX_V6_SC_$A5K_Enhanced_v1.2.adx

where would i find details of pcm....on the pcm itself?
i have also fitted a BCM will that affect anything?....it seems it has to be disconnected to read.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Seems odd then that your getting knock active loops even when the engine isn't running. I was thinking maybe it was enhanced XDF/ADX with factory bin file.

Yes, when you start logging with Tunerpro it turns off the chatter from BCM so that Tunerpro can use the bus for it's communication with the PCM. It's explained much better in other threads.

The details of the PCM are on a sticker but if you are using a VX PCM with those files than that's all good.
Skullator

Post by Skullator »

it seems to me that tunerpro is not configured correctly, i put a switch between pcm and bcm i usually turn it off to connect,
is there a preferred method of iac recalibration given that i cant drive it on the road yet?

Thanks for the quick replies ,it is really appreciated.