VS 5.0 flooding on cranking

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
shane1

VS 5.0 flooding on cranking

Post by shane1 »

Hi guys,
We are at it again with another commodore doing crazy stuff. This is a VS 5.0 ute (MAP) .
it floods itself on cranking every time. If I put my modified (for real time tuning)808 in it
it starts perfect. same memcal as before. So right its ecu we think, chase up an new ecu
and its exactly the same as the original. But put my ecu in it ,it starts every time. WTF
been through the wiring to the ecu everything seems correct, no fault codes, swapped injectors same result
.if I edit the chip and close down the bpw it starts most times, but I shouldn't have to.
So my question is whats different between a real time 808 and the 3082 that will alter cranking pulse width
so much? open to suggestionms other wise my realtime ecu is leaving the building......
Gareth

Re: VS 5.0 flooding on cranking

Post by Gareth »

Have you logged it?

Had this with a dicked coolant temp sensor, check what data the ECU is seeing.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
shane1

Post by shane1 »

all sensors read correct , even on cranking
v8-tuning
cars: 304 commodore

Post by v8-tuning »

Is it a modified memcal? Maybe try a genuine v8 memcal.
The 3082 can do stuff like that with different memcals.
Ive had a few do it but they were mostly hsv.
I would think if it were ecu temp sensor it wouldn't matter what ecu
or memcal is in it.
shane1

Post by shane1 »

two different memcals same result unfortunatly
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

can you confirm if the injectors are stock size ?

it kinda sounds like the difference might be in the memcals, your modified one is not setup for 6 cylinder or something stupid like that is it ?

if your modified one works but other ecm's don't and you've tried more than one standard memcal then I'd be inclined to 1. try your modified memcal in the other computers, and if that works you at least know its a difference between your memcal and nothing to do with the computers.

you could also try your stock memcals in your modified ecm and see if you get the same richness ....

without knowing whats been done to the motor and whats in your modified tune theres really too many variables.
shane1

Post by shane1 »

Engine is totally stock. it has had a wiring loom change but best I can tell everything is wired corrdectly and all earths are there.
I think it must be a security glitch or something. As I said I have tried two different vs v8 ecus and they both do the same thing, same with 2 different v8 memcals same result. it only starts with my modded 808. and best I can tell the only real difference is the security features.
I have tried turning security off with a custom memcal, no different. if I modify the bpw on cranking in a chip the VS ecus start most times but not everytime. I cant send it out like that . if I use my ecu it starts with the stock memcal everytime! There must be something in the cranking cycly that is different between the ecus, but I cant find it .....
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

what tune are you using on the modified one compared to the stock ones ?