Need help with my first tune

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
danbran
cars: vs ute

Need help with my first tune

Post by danbran »

I have a getrag vs commodore v6 ute, and i have an NVRAM with enhanced $51, on tunerpro with OSE i can do basic things such as changing flags, fan controllers and that. But i am changing the intake and will have to adjust some more complex tables. Just need some help if anyone can give me advice, should i be changing around the air fuel mixture in the Open Look- AFR vs CYLAIR & RPM?? what is the first thing i should be tuning for performance, im just getting started and really need a bit of advice. thanks a lot
vt3.8lt
cars: Vt v6 turbo @ 8psi

Re: Need help with my first tune

Post by vt3.8lt »

definatly get your wideband in asap they help the most and the best advice i can give you is take your time and make little changes one at a time till you get the hang of things and what affect the changes make appart from that just as questions theres allot of really helpfull people on here that know what there talking about and seem to be happy to help as much as possible
The answer is always... boost!
danbran

Post by danbran »

Thanks a lot, yeah i have been taking really small steps and staring at things for hours until i sort of understand what they mean! but have you got any suggestions as to where i should start any maps i should tweek around a little bit to learn the basics. Cheers,
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Just change the injector multiplier table to correct fueling. You want your wideband reading to match the target afr.
Also verify your wideband is reading correctly in tuner pro before you go to far.
Once your fuel is spot on have a play with timing and different afr's.
danbran

Post by danbran »

Thanks a lot this wil;l give me something to keep me busy
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Highly suggest buying a book called "designing and tuning high performance fuel injection systems" by Greg banish.
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au