Bricked PCM... Flash tool won't find it..

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ralphski
cars: 2004 VYII Holden Commodore sedan, 3.8 L36, SFI LPG
2003 Nissan Teana JM350
1996 Nissan Cefiro 2.0 V

Re: Bricked PCM... Flash tool won't find it..

Post by ralphski »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Looks like everything is talking ok, you might need to make sure your using the latest flash tool & try different settings I've found 15ms to be the best for most but vehicles with lots of devices/chatter can be hard!
So the message 'Rx'd frame checksum fail' that keeps popping up doesn't mean anything?
I'm using Flashtool 151
It used to work on the default settings until the write checksum failed (so lucky I got a spare)

Who can I send this PCM to to get the bin rewritten back to it? :think:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The PCM is not talking, sounds like a bad write (mismatched cal and operating system segments, or bad bin written) as even with an incorrect checksum normally still has comms to try the write again.

Can either bin it and get another PCM or get the flash chip socketed and the bin fixed. If you want the latter PM me and can do this.
ralphski
cars: 2004 VYII Holden Commodore sedan, 3.8 L36, SFI LPG
2003 Nissan Teana JM350
1996 Nissan Cefiro 2.0 V

Post by ralphski »

VL400 wrote:The PCM is not talking, sounds like a bad write (mismatched cal and operating system segments, or bad bin written) as even with an incorrect checksum normally still has comms to try the write again.

Can either bin it and get another PCM or get the flash chip socketed and the bin fixed. If you want the latter PM me and can do this.
Awesome... Have PM'd you :thumbup: