TPMS For Non HSV VF Commodores

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: TPMS For Non HSV VF Commodores

Post by Tazzi »

Jayme wrote:so in theory its a matter of sniffing what the SPS does to add that function, and manually sending the packets yourself? there is no limitation in the actual cars bcm?
Technically... yes :thumbup:
But, just like the VE's, the hard part is the algos.
VFSSVR wrote:Hi Jayme

I'm near Byron bay if that is of any help to you?

Tazzi, thanks for the PM reply mate and the information. My VF SSVR is a mid 2013 model. is this something prior to the change over to the new SPS system that could be "back doored"? so to speak?

I'm happy to do what I can to help someone work this out.

What really shits me (excuse my French) is that in the USA, you contact GM Techline and they custom build a VIN specific RPO and charge you about $100. I've used all genuine Holden parts yet when you ask them if they can simply add the RPO to my VIN they laugh.
I guess.. $100 will shit on what anyone else would charge? So from what you said.. they will provide you with a custom vin to enter that will have the require RPO?.
Feel free to supply me with the number yo called in PM, Im happy to rip into them for information.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I will be zero help myself, but it Tazzi ever wants to have a go, im fairly close to Byron, I can plug my AVT in, and give Tazzi remote control over the net.
VFSSVR

Post by VFSSVR »

Hi Tazzi

The information about GM Techline actually came from another forum, SSforum.com and this is what was said quote;-

Up here above the equator (USA) we encounter these things all of the time. I do NOT know if there is an Aussie equivalent but in U.S. we contact GM Techline. They make us individual programs for specific VIN’s called VCI# programs. Example; customer changes wheel/tire size and wants ABS to work properly or a vehicle owned by a police agency wants us to program out the door chime/dome light and so on. GM Techline can often custom build us a program to be shot into a module and then all is well. Up here they charge the dealership 50 or 100 dollars to write a VIN specific RPO. They charge this fee to the dealerships open parts account. I have found that it’s not all magic. I haven't always been able to program whatever/however I want, but get a hold of one of your top techs who is familiar with "SPS" programming and see if the software can be lent out to your VIN
VFSSVR

Post by VFSSVR »

Jayme wrote:I will be zero help myself, but it Tazzi ever wants to have a go, im fairly close to Byron, I can plug my AVT in, and give Tazzi remote control over the net.

You gents just let me know. If it's of any help to any of you I also own a 2013 GEN-F GTS 6M.
VFSSVR

Post by VFSSVR »

I also found this in regards to SPS too should it be of any help to people out there

[url][/http://genisysotc.com/pdfs/526933GMSPSManual.pdfurl]
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Jayme wrote:I will be zero help myself, but it Tazzi ever wants to have a go, im fairly close to Byron, I can plug my AVT in, and give Tazzi remote control over the net.
VFSSVR wrote: You gents just let me know. If it's of any help to any of you I also own a 2013 GEN-F GTS 6M.
Well, I said I needed an excuse to buy a VF BCM, and now I got one I guess! :lol:
Just purchased a VF BCM, so it should be here sometime next week.

Im gonna hook up tis2web and see what I can do/change. Once Im in, should be only a matter of time.
Jayme, I may have to take you up on that if I can enable it in the bcm. Remote control wont be necessary though, I have a 'instant messenger' type app that I use with the AVT.
VFSSVR

Post by VFSSVR »

Do you need a dash cluster Tazzi? If so let me know.

Thank you once again too guys
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

VFSSVR wrote:Do you need a dash cluster Tazzi? If so let me know.

mmm.. cause VF parts arent exactly cheap, I rather myself purchasing parts since i will use them for R&D :thumbup:
theres a couple available for ~125, so not tooooo bad

Now to hunt down the wiring diagrams. It comes with the key, so hopefully that goes to the bcm and not some other module. since key will probably be needed to indicate ignition.
VFSSVR

Post by VFSSVR »

Tazzi wrote:
VFSSVR wrote:Do you need a dash cluster Tazzi? If so let me know.

mmm.. cause VF parts arent exactly cheap, I rather myself purchasing parts since i will use them for R&D :thumbup:
theres a couple available for ~125, so not tooooo bad

Now to hunt down the wiring diagrams. It comes with the key, so hopefully that goes to the bcm and not some other module. since key will probably be needed to indicate ignition.

In regards to the wiring diagrams, do you think this will be the same for Holden's and HSV's? If so you just tell me what schematics you need and I'll get hold of it for you.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I would be suprised if they were wired different.