eprom programing

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
BOGSTOCK
cars: supercharged v6 hilux
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace

eprom programing

Post by BOGSTOCK »

Hey guys, need help please.
trying to program a std eprom from a vs v6 ecotec auto. I want vats off and change road speed sensor pulses per km. PCM number is 16208257 BWPL eprom number is 01407957B9743AB. After researching here I assume the eprom settings for this are the same as eprom 27C010
I have read the chip and loaded in TP, loaded the v1.24 $51 xdf file from here and set anti theft off and changed the pulse count for road speed.
I am using the Williams PCB50B programmer and software, I have set the dip switches and jumpers as per settings for the 27C010. I can read chip fine, have erased and tested blank all ok. When I program chip, in the offset (hex) box what am I ment to put in there? I have tried 0x2008 and it changes it to 0x002008. Programs and verifies fine but when I try to start ign on fan starts and wont fire, no inj pulse.
I'm guessing the offset is incorrect and burning to the incorrect part of the eprom. I have also tried offset 0x6008 and it changes to 0x006008 and same outcome. How can I fix this? I know I'm doing something wrong.
Thanks in advance
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: eprom programing

Post by Dylan »

I've burnt ecotec chips before with a 0 offset when using original eprom's.
BOGSTOCK
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace

Post by BOGSTOCK »

I tried 0 offset and no joy.
its a 128kb file and a 1024kb chip so i'll try stacking and running 0 offset
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Im not fully up with the whole bits and bytes stuff. But this is why I burn them one's at 0 offset.
Something along the lines of 128kb fills 1024kb of memory. 8 bits to a byte so multiply 128 eight times and you get 1024.
Holden didn't stack their bin's so must be something in my half assed logic.
There's better explanations on here and Google.

Did your xdf update the checksum correctly? Whenever I do any ecotec I use the enhanced bin's from here.
Mainly so I know my checksum will be right and im using a reliable xdf.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah 128kb bin fully fills a 1024kb eprom!
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Does it ask you to put something in the box?
I used to have a willem years ago similar to the pcb50b and all I used to do is select chip with switches load bin and burn to chip. All other data in the on screen boxes never got touched unless the chip was a different size to the bin.
BOGSTOCK
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace

Post by BOGSTOCK »

no it's not asking to change anything, just thought I needed to as the fan and engine light on now and read that's a sign you programmed at the wrong offset. first one I've done so learning heaps as I go but I'm understanding all my errors so far. I wasn't happy with what I was reading in tuner pro as some figures all over the place and didn't seem to match up. I have found the enhanced vs v6 .bin from the1 and I will put that in as it has vats removed anyway.
I cant seem to find the enhanced xdf tho to put into tuner pro? can you point me in the right direction please Dylan?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its in the zip in the enhanced bin thread. They contain matching bin xdf and adx.

In your first case you probably didnt set program id to AA to disable checksum. As above burn with 0 offset.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
BOGSTOCK
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace

Post by BOGSTOCK »

Ok found it and loaded up in tuner pro.
Must have had a bad .xdf as now I can see all figures line up 100% and good figures in spark tables etc.
I'll load it up and see how it goes.
With the vats do we need both mal31 theft deterrent missing set and 1=anti theft module disable.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

There not bad xdfs, there are different revisions of tunes for each xdf.
For eg you might have a revision b tune in a revision d xdf but due to offsets only some things will be correct ( I'm not good at explaining things in writing).
Anyway you don't have to touch malf code 31.